• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Arthropods 2019

I started soaking some seeds on about December 1st, trying to get an early start this year. Grew slooow through December and first week of January and then got some growth. I'll put up some recent pictures later. 

I've also started planning for outdoors. Bought some bales of straw for compost making. I'm wondering about herbicide residue in the straw so I threw a seedling in a pot with only straw. It doesn't absorb much water at all so I have it in a double cup, outer pot has no drain holes. Gotta be careful about moisture. 

Straw stacked
IMG_1949.JPG

Covered
IMG_1950.JPG

Seedling test
IMG_1951.JPG

I'm interested to see what happens. I hope I don't get any signs of herbicide damage because I'd like to be able to compost all this straw and expand the garden.

Im actually in Ann Arbor area. I used to just drop the pH, first with vinegar and then with pH down but I still had problems. I just looked back at the water report, I think its the sodium at 60ppm and the chloride at 110

Does this look like BLS to anybody? I chopped it because I figured it wasn't worth the risk even if it's not that. Hope I got it before it spreads.

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

When my grow had BLS a couple of seasons ago,
the spots were a bit larger, round, and had a yellow
ring around the edge. Also there were depressions
in the top of the leaves that looked wet.

Not sure what to say about your leaf, but good
job deleting it.

PaulG said:
When my grow had BLS a couple of seasons ago,
the spots were a bit larger, round, and had a yellow
ring around the edge. Also there were depressions
in the top of the leaves that looked wet.

Not sure what to say about your leaf, but good
job deleting it.

Thanks Paul, you're right that it didn't look quiiiite like that. It also hasn't shown up anywhere else so I'm happy about that!

I'll be starting to get the garden ready for plant out and making some up-potting moves soon so stay tuned for pics of larger grow bags in action

Back