• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ASK THE NEXT PERSON ANYTHING ! GAME !

Visual. There's lots of discussion about musical tastes here, but I mean painters/sculptors/ etc.

Seeing how this is such an artistic group of folk in other realms, I'm curious as to folks taste in the visual arts?

My first love was Leonardo da Vinci- but my taste in art is like my taste in music, broad and eclectic. My current favorite painters are Francis Bacon and Euan Uglow -they were classmates of the more well known Lucien Freud- but I like Uglow better. I am also extremely fond of Vermeer- as my avatar shows, its my work after his.

My current favorite sculptor and mentor is Jill Downen. I have loved Earnest Trova's work for decades.

Knowing an artist who is young and good and starting out is cool- if you collect any of her stuff- you help her and if she becomes famous then you have an investment!
my son learned about the Haitan earthquake today in school, and he thinks the whole governing body was buried. It sounds as the the whole country is in ruins.
Do the people in Haiti have anyone left to govern them?

Yes, themselves. Probably do a better job than any "government" anyway.

Did you know that i don't recognise one of those artists names that you mentioned?

You dont recognize Leonardo da Vinci and Vermeer? The other three painters are modern, I think Lucian Freud is still alive. but they've been around since the thirties. Google the artists names, its amazing stuff. Jill Downen is current, and she has a website.

Do you know that I dont know any Australian artists names?

No i didn't know that.
Oh i recognice da vinci. Aussie guys, Pro Hart, William Dobell, Terry Jonstone (my uncle lol).

Got any famous artists in your family?

It's Monday now here in the land of Oz. It's nearly midday and I'm about to hit the sack. Damn graveyard shift cutting my days short!

I want my weekend back... Is it Friday yet?

Back