• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ass Kickin Chili Fixins is total garbage

I bought a bag of Ass Kickin Chili Fixins at a small stand thinkin I would be in for a treat but as I quickly discovered I was wrong well not quickly it took 3 days to make .
first thing I should have noticed was the bag was mostly dry beans and any chili guru will tell ya beans have no place in a real chili .
but I thought I would try it anyway as I may like the finished product so off I went to get started and the first step was wash and soal the beans obvernight and then cook them for 3 hors to get them ready for the rest of the mix.
step 2 was 2 pounds of meat and a few cans of tomatoes with some olive oil and garlic and an onion.
pretty basic but again its all about the spices and this bag had a packet of spice so here goes.
after I added all the spice and cooked it as per the directions and left out the bag of powdered habs as I tasted them straight and they were as hao as to be expected and being that was only heat I opted to wait to taste the bulk of what was in the pot then add heat.
IT WAS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
no real taste to speak of and the so called spice was bland tasting bulk food type stuff .
the beans added insult to a bad pot of crap .
the packet of masa flour was there to thicken the chili and tell ya the truth it was the only thing printed on the bag that had me thinking it was worth buying .
a side note .... everthing this company sells is pretty bad like ther ass kicking sauces from hell as they all taste about the same and the only thing they sell that is ok is there pure habenaro sauce that is on the salty side but ok.
I give this chili kit a 1.2 out of 10 as the bag was a hit with my cousins kid and he hates everything but the bag he said looks cool.
save your cash and leave this bag on the shelf.

Thanks for the alert on another crap prepacked product, Shane. I am just so damn tired of packaged stuff with the promise of goodness or usefullness or Worlds best, etc, etc. There needs to be compliance or die rule to advertising. Sorry "Mr. Ass Kick" your chili sucks, now you must die. Would get a whole lot of garbage hot sauces off the shelves claiming "Worlds Hottest".

I love beans! I use only Hanover light red kidneys and stain out only the bulk of the juice. I think having the remainder give some texture to the sauce.

pffffffftt, opps, sorry, I love beans in my chili pppfffffffffftttttttt, opps, sorry.

PPPfffffffftttttblatteblatttttt, opps, sorry.....beans make a chili !

Damn, what the hell is that smell? Bad dog!

I made a killer batch of chili the other day with a bag of chili powder that I found at a flea market .

just meat onion and this powder with a few other spices that I have on hand.
I then cooked a side of rice along with a side of beans.
when finished I had a layer of rice with a thin layer of beans covered with my killer chili.
perfect mix and today when I made chili dogs they were perfect without the beans in it.

farting.gif

NatGreenMeds said:
pffffffftt, opps, sorry, I love beans in my chili pppfffffffffftttttttt, opps, sorry.

PPPfffffffftttttblatteblatttttt, opps, sorry.....beans make a chili !

Damn, what the hell is that smell? Bad dog!

I find that straining and rinsing canned beans of any type helps to reduce my greenhouse footprint.

Fartrun.gif

ring sting said:
I find that straining and rinsing canned beans of any type helps to reduce my greenhouse footprint.
Thanks ring sting, that's good information to know. My fellow office workers also thank you.....hehe

Anyone ever try that stuff called Beano? No beans in my chili, unless I want to harass my huntin buddies. As far as Ass Kickin, I live pretty close to them and the only thing I recommend is the "Pure" brands of Habañero, cayenne and Jalapeño hot sauces.

I'm a newbie to the forum, but I totally disagree with you. I happen to enjoy Ass Kicken Chili Fixins. I don't mind the amount time it takes to soak and simmer the beans.

As I said in my first post I use to live in Chicago where I had my first bowl of chili [1980], when a women in my office gave me a package of Perfect Pinch Chili Seasoning and some of her home grown canned tomatoes in basil. I was hooked.

I have read one post here where people liked Carol Shelby's chili mix. I don't care for it. But different strokes for different folks.

Now for the purist among you, my taste as far as chili mixes go possibly could be compared to someone eating a corn beef on rye with mayo or worse yet on white bread to me.

I really enjoy reading this forum and hope to sharpen my knowledge and taste buds for the finer hot things in life.

David
Hobietrax

F&@$ for Dogma! If it tastes good with beans I like beans and if it tastes good without I like it too. And if some industrial product is really bad like described in the thread it's not the beans' fault but the white-coat-chemo-technician's!
In Schwaben in southern Germany they argue whether to do "Maultaschen" (some kind of bags made out of some kind of noodle dough filled with meat) with or without spinach, with or without parsley. Villages go to war for that. Has "Zwiebelkuchen" (onion cake) to be baked with or without bacon? Is it allowed to eat spagghetti with anything else but traditional Italian sauces? Does egg belong into the spagghetti dough?
Traditional food by a bad cook or non-traditional food by a good cook? Who can name me the one historian who can tell the exact truth who and how started a recipe?

eyepee said:
Anyone ever try that stuff called Beano? No beans in my chili, unless I want to harass my huntin buddies. As far as Ass Kickin, I live pretty close to them and the only thing I recommend is the "Pure" brands of Habañero, cayenne and Jalapeño hot sauces.
Yeah, I've tried "Beano". The stuff is worthless. It tastes like sugar water and costs about $1000 a gallon.

If you have a problem that needs some relief, plain old "Gas-X" works perfectly if taken 2 or 3 times a day during "chili" day.

Because of past heart problems and bypasses, I eat very little meat. Lots of beans for the protein that I miss because of the lack of meat. No embarrassing problems once I started using the Simethicone containing pills for it.

I just let them rip. I'm gassy as it is (oddly my fart's don't really smell from what I've been told...unless it's the few that come from the bowles of hell way far back in the tract) and beans send it over the top....fart's are always hilarious...always.

imaguitargod, you've told me more than I'd ever want to know about you. Please, for the sake of those who are around you....GasX.

Scatological humor has been around forever.

You sound like a true Scatologist.

NatGreenMeds said:
Please, for the sake of those who are around you....GasX.
LOL, it's not like I let 'em rip when I'm around people though....I am curtious and will move to a cornor....unless we're drinking....watch out for the creepers. :mouthonfire:

imaguitargod said:
LOL, it's not like I let 'em rip when I'm around people though....I am curtious and will move to a cornor....unless we're drinking....watch out for the creepers. :mouthonfire:
"Damn Ethel, I think they musta had a dog die in that corner. Holy crap, musta laid there for a month by the smell of it"

hehe

NatGreenMeds said:
"Damn Ethel, I think they musta had a dog die in that corner. Holy crap, musta laid there for a month by the smell of it"

hehe

When the farts start to smell like a dead dog it's about time for some endoskopy... ...if the gastroenterologist dares... As Fat Man says: "There's a lot of money in shit!" (Samuel Shem, The House of God")

imaguitargod said:
LOL, it's not like I let 'em rip when I'm around people though....I am curtious and will move to a cornor...

LOL - i usually wait till my 'favorite' coworker is at lunch and then go use their office when I gotta let one go...

Back