• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Astragalus

I just got a hold of some Astragalus Membranaceus. It's a plant you grow for 4 year to harvest it's roots. The Chinese have been using the stuff for like 1,000 years. Research reveals that certain forms of Astragalus contain molecules that Reverse Aging. It has to do with the telomeres in your DNA. Basically, they are part of your DNA that are attached to the end of your chromosomes. As we age, they get shorter. Once they get too short, the cells cannot divide and we die. Now science has found an enzyme that actually reverses that process by keeping the telomere long. A company developed TA-65, a molecule that activates the enzyme. It's supposed to be extracted from this root so I decided to grow it. Four years is a pretty long time. Lets see how this goes.

astragalus_membranaceus.jpg

I just got a hold of some Astragalus Membranaceus. It's a plant you grow for 4 year to harvest it's roots. The Chinese have been using the stuff for like 1,000 years. Research reveals that certain forms of Astragalus contain molecules that Reverse Aging. It has to do with the telomeres in your DNA. Basically, they are part of your DNA that are attached to the end of your chromosomes. As we age, they get shorter. Once they get too short, the cells cannot divide and we die. Now science has found an enzyme that actually reverses that process by keeping the telomere long. A company developed TA-65, a molecule that activates the enzyme. It's supposed to be extracted from this root so I decided to grow it. Four years is a pretty long time. Lets see how this goes.

astragalus_membranaceus.jpg

Wow ... now that is something worth reading about ... nice work and good luck with the next 4 years ... Just prey a cat doesn't maul it do death a couple of months out from harvest :rofl:

Yeah they do already have this in powder form and in pill form. i havent checked, but sounds like its gonna cost a pretty penny. cheaper to grow the stuff im sure.

Yeah they do already have this in powder form and in pill form. i havent checked, but sounds like its gonna cost a pretty penny. cheaper to grow the stuff im sure.

5 US Dollars roughly for 100 capsules ... Don't know the exact dosages or anything but I would guess that is 30-50 days supply ??

Back