• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Atomic Buffalo Turds

The most commonly asked for appetizers I make.
Typical recipe---
slice a Jalapeno in half, to make two canoes
remove membrane and seeds, ( or not, your call)
stuff each canoe with a mixture of pulled pork, monterey jack, Cheddar, and swiss ( or any cheese mixes you like)
now wrap with bacon, if you are careful, you can make it so the bacon finishes under the pepper and the weight of the pepper will keep it in place on the smoker
now ( ya you guessed it) smoke em' till the bacon is done
some variations would be to use chicken chunks instead of the pulled pork, ( now the chicken reaching 170 degrees is how you know they are done)
I have done shrimp, crab, lobster mixed with pineapple, brisket ( when smoked barbecued right) prime rib, baby back rib meat, you starting to get the idea? Have fun with it, it's food!!!
using maple bacon adds a twist, mess with the cheeses as well, I have also done this to Habaneros, but you could go nuts and use Trinidad Scorpion ButchT peppers if you like.

IMG00003-20101016-1355.jpg

One of the local BBQ competition teams I work with cooks about 1000 whenever they vend at a competition and they have sold out every time. They usually stuff them with cream-cheese and a slice of salami.

I cook them from time to time, but I usually do spicy sausage with blue cheese.

Oooh, never thought of blue cheese. My brain is on overdrive now, gorgonzola cheese, wow, next time I make a batch I will have a bunch of different types to make. Thanks for sharing, ha ha!

Recipes for a stuffed pepper? Damn. I would think you'd just stuff it with what you like.

You have to put rub on the bacon before you smoke them.
Another good easy thing is lay bacon on your grate, sprinkle with rub. About half way through the cook, flip them and add more rub.

Back