• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aus newbie q's

Timmmy newbie said:
Light colored fatalii? peppers

xmaspepdaytim001.jpg

xmaspepdaytim004.jpg

Nice looking peppers and there starting to get nice and fat.
I'm still wondering about these light colored fatallis. Some superhots start out like this, then get darker green, then turn red.
You still think they're fatallis?
How do they look so far?

I had a talk to Hippy and he said that he had a fatalii plant that was the same. Some other type of fatalii by the sounds of it.

The pods have gotten chunky looking and are thining out a bit but still look pretty much the same as in the pic's. I haven't picked any yet as thier color hasn't changed enough and none of the other plants have ripe pods yet.

I noticed some of my Bih pods are a bit longer than normal and have spikes. Could that be a potential cross? Have you guys/girls seen a spikey bih pod. (The plants positioned about three meters from a choc Bhut)

Well heres the answer ABurningMouth.

rrrr001.jpg

Ate a small one today. The heat and burn is 100% fatalii. Really stings the crap out of your tongue. Even though I tried to chew it up in the back of my mouth to save my tongue it still burn't it.

The heat level was the same as a fatalli, maybe less but the flavour wasn't anything like that unique taste the Fatalii's have. The taste was a lot closer to a yellow seven or congo yellow maybe. Very subtle with no superhot bitterness, just nice and smooth.

The peppers wall thickness was fairly fat, I'm not sure if thats normal for the fatalii's is it.

When one of the large ones ripen up I'll take a picture of it cut up.

:lol:

:hell:I don't know how I missed this thread:crazy:, Great Progress, your growing some fantastic plantsTimmy keep it up.....Really Great Growing:onfire:

Bih

biiihhhhh.jpg

Diff fatalii strain

9thsatjan014.jpg

Looks like I should have lots of pods this year. Most of the oldest plants have a large number of pods which are all ripening now and the youngest plants have started to set pods. So far the Dorset, bih and wierd fatalii have ripe pods. The scorpians, true fatalii, choc bhut and yellow 7's have fully grown pods just waiting to ripen :)

MY GOD THAT PLANT IS LOADED! I will be growing the Bih this year as well. I hope I get that kind of production of it. Congrats, your plants look great.

jacob

Hahaha love your user name Deathtosnalis, one ate the side off of a y7 pod this week, I'm with you lol

I'll post some more pics now of the fatalii and bhut wooooowwwww whooooo there getting big pods (for me lol )

Great pics TN my pods still haven't statred to kick on yet like yours, all I seem to be doing is playing the waiting game.........waiting waiting waiting.........still waiting

Thanks all :)

At first all of the pods were comming in really small and I thought I was going to have another year of super small pods lol

I'm still feeding the crushed up asprins and thrive tomato fruit food.

Just waiting too :) for choc bhuts that is lol

These pods have a really strong smell to them. I made the mistake of eating a small one on a empty stomach when I was watering the plants this morning. So whatever these are I think thier a winner with great taste, smell and a strong burn.

fat7poty001.jpg

Back