• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Aussie Election Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow Aussie heat mongers :hell: ,

Did you guys remember to vote today?

After leaving Australia for 10 years I got used to not having to vote, I still think it is the best policy to make it compulsory (as it already is) because I met sooo many people that would moan about everything the government did or didn't do but they themselves had never voted even once in their life?????

You can't whinge if you don't contribute.

Despite this I really don't like any of the politicians and think all their plans for the future are not good enough but hey I know who I don't like more......................sorry not telling ya.

Anyway be interesting to see how it all pans out and nobody messes to much with the current Industrial relations act

Ps I am not a political nerd, I am only thinking about it cause it's election day.

there are lot of minority governments happening and many countries, ours included.

Despite this I really don't like any of the politicians and think all their plans for the future are not good enough but hey I know who I don't like more......................sorry not telling ya.

So Joey(any Aussie can answer), what do you want in a politician? If you had a big wish list, what would it be? (I am not trying to bait you into anything).

Your comment is typical of many Canadians, you ask them which politicial party they are interested in and they say, None. You ask why and they say, because I don't like any of the leaders, in Canada you could give people 3 people to vote for and the wouldn't like any, you could give them 20 people to vote for and they wouldn't like any. But nobody asks the simple question, if you had the perfect person to vote for what would they look like? I think this is an important question to ask because it helps people decide what qualities they want in a leader and what policies they want from their leading parties. It also helps in countries where governments appear to have taken control of people and it doesn't matter what new policy they through out, they know their will be know resistance. (you said it, in as long as they don't mess with the Industrial Relations Act(I have not idea what that is) but it is passion and a start)

I think this is typical of parlimentary style governments because the average person does not understand how they work. The Americans are different and are passionate about their politics, Democrate, Republican or independent and they back one or the other. But in parlimentary institutions are politics seem to get categorized in centralist, left, right and of course depending on how the media slant each has a different meaning.

Now to actually get to the point, Australia banished the penny, did this benefit Australia in a good way or negative, did you know before this was going to happen? What provision was made to take the millions of pennies and absorb them back into the system or did you just wake up one day with jars and jars of pennies and where told, sorry you will just have to keep your worthless pennies? And if you knew ahead of time, would you have voted for the party that said they were going to get rid of the penny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back