• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Auzzie 7 Pod Dead Horse

This is my variation of a tomato sauce reciepe.

Ingredients:

6 cans of roma tomatoes (or 2 1kg bags of any type and about 3 extra)
3 Granny Smith apples
1 and 3/4 cups white vinegar
2 onions
1 level teaspoon pepper medley (mixed pepper corns crushed)
3 Douglah chilli's
2 Orange Habanero's
1 Bonda ma Jacques
1 Diablo Chilli
1 level teaspoon ground cloves
1 Small 1cm square piece fresh ginger
1 level teaspoon allspice
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 level tablespoons kosher or coarse sea salt
2 cups sugar

Method:

Cut up your apples leaving out the core but don't peel them.Combine with tomatoes and onions and place in large pot with remaining ingredients.

Bring to the boil. Remove the lid from the pan. Boil on low ensuring that you stir more frequently as the sauce thickens (should take an hour, maybe a little more.

Blend till smooth.

Carefully pour into hot sterile bottles. Seal whilst hot.

Wife and neighbour agree - better than the store bought stuff!

Sauce.jpg

Mmmmmmmm Tequila. First time growing a beard here and i don't know whether i like it or not although the grey "highlights" in there certainly do point towards wisdom.

Ooop, looky there i has a nose!

2011-06-23142434.jpg

Well I don't mean to brag......Ah what the heck yes I do. The general managers PA took a bottle of this batch of sauce to a restaurant. Kathy, company and the restaurant owners are placing orders after giving rave reviews. Colleagues around the office are also placing orders.

I'm so proud, and its my first attempt. Now to repeat the process, hope I don't mess up :-)

BTW Nova, Scorpion seeds you gave me are all growed up. Buds have started appearing. Thanks heaps for the big favour mate.

Back