• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Average Consumer Heat pref.

So is that basically the fooled you jalapeno or they got something "special". Maybe monsanto made this one for them and called it "tricked you" jalapeno so they can patent it. 

Being in the heart of Pace country as well as a consumer I find the original statement a bit off
I eat the stuff and be damned if I understand how they get the heat and flavor of an extract "inside" the pepper chunks?"
Yes I just specifically  tried just the pepper chunks in the sauce(picked out and wiped clean on paper towels)
The heat is legit from the pepper as a stand alone
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

I read an article about it a while ago - don't recall where. Spoke with CaJohn about it in Albuquerque - it's a thing. No one seemed happy about it. 

A quick google and here's a news article about the heatless jalapeno: 

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1916&dat=19960529&id=jTBJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=rgYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4365,3786281&hl=en

TNKS said:
Being in the heart of Pace country as well as a consumer I find the original statement a bit off
I eat the stuff and be damned if I understand how they get the heat and flavor of an extract "inside" the pepper chunks?"
Yes I just specifically  tried just the pepper chunks in the sauce(picked out and wiped clean on paper towels)
The heat is legit from the pepper as a stand alone
Capsaicin gets around... it soaks into things pretty quickly. Also, the extract-spiced liquid and non-hot chunks have been sitting in the jar together for a while. Marinating, more or less.

Heck, when the jars are filled and capped, i think they're heat-treated, rather like home-canning, aren't they?

Speaking of how fast capsaicinoids can permeate something, i'm amazed how fast it travels from my mouth and stomach to my sweat glands. I pigged out on capsaicin yesterday. Dinner was just laced with powdered Reaper. It's hilarious... i literally put on my sunglasses before i ate, to avoid touching myself near my eyes. Alas, in vain. The sweat of my forehead was less pungent than a jalapeno, but hot enough to sting my eyes.

I felt like Wile E. Coyote: umbrella be damned, the anvil still got me! Barely into my first helping, and the stuff is oozing out of the skin near my eyes!

Back