• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

B.C. homeowner fined $5,200 for growing cucumbers

Thought this might be of interest to some on this forum. Seems pretty crazy to me...
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/homeowner+fined+growing+cucumbers+plans+suit/4087566/story.html

That is unbelievably absurd, and here I thought the US was the country with unreasonable, civil rights violating drug laws and enforcement. Glad I don't live in BC. :yikes:

Meh. It's not as bad here in BC as you'd think. Especially considering that BC is known for it's pot. I don't partake, not my thing. BUT I'm still wondering when one of my neighbors will call me in for my small fluro setup simply because they don't have a clue about grow ops and the lights required to do it. Dad used to get some funny looks from officers coming into his shop when he had a few lights in the back of his shop. They'd ask what it was and he'd show them. Never had a problem. Some were actually interested in growing their own veggies. I have an open door policy for any POHleese wanting to look at my set up.

wow, that seriously messed up, I'm sure I'd be charged with all that too, but least I'd have plants that are under the lights that are not pot, but being charged for fees to search and turn up with nothing, that my friends would have me pissed off to the fullest extent

Sure, five grand is a lot, but you haven't had a cucumber until you've had one from your own garden.

OK in a nutshell,
What the local authorities consider a higher than normal electric bill they get to do a search on your residence with out a warrant.
If they find nothing then bill you for "guessing: wrong that you were a Pot Grower.
Boy I am glad I live in the USA, yes we have issues but nothing like this.

I am surprised our local swat team haven't kicked my door yet. Firstly, i have 2 satelite dishes over my front door, 1 is for canadian satelite, the other use to be pointed at directTV, then dishnet but that is no longer available.

Second, i have to large windows in front of my house at ground level. 1 has 15 plants in 1 gallon containers, the other has 20+ in 4" containers. if you look in 1 of the rooms, since it is visible from my front door, i have 2 totes with overwintering plants, a germination table with my seedling hoties and 2 lights pointing at my dwc that are on from 8am until 10pm. Good thing no one can look into my livingroom window,its about 6 feet off the ground and has a bunch more peppers. I usually leave my front door open to let in sunlight and I have some container plants soaking up the sunlight.

But I should be safe because there are no cucumbers!

I am surprised our local swat team haven't kicked my door yet. Firstly, i have 2 satelite dishes over my front door, 1 is for canadian satelite, the other use to be pointed at directTV, then dishnet but that is no longer available.

Second, i have to large windows in front of my house at ground level. 1 has 15 plants in 1 gallon containers, the other has 20+ in 4" containers. if you look in 1 of the rooms, since it is visible from my front door, i have 2 totes with overwintering plants, a germination table with my seedling hoties and 2 lights pointing at my dwc that are on from 8am until 10pm. Good thing no one can look into my livingroom window,its about 6 feet off the ground and has a bunch more peppers. I usually leave my front door open to let in sunlight and I have some container plants soaking up the sunlight.

But I should be safe because there are no cucumbers!

We can but hope they have such mental powers not to bust you for growing peppers or cucumbers. Remember the man in the post only had dirt for them to photograph.:rolleyes:

Thank god they haven`t seen my power bill - the lights really cost I guess. Damn and the tractor and the water and the crazy dobie in the basement.What a crock !

Back