• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

baby food in hot sauce

so i have seen a lot of people posting that they can not find the consistency they are looking for.
i have not made a hot sauce yet but have been thinking up a recipe.
fatalii
pineapple
onion
lime juice
vinegar
salt
tequila
and banana baby food for the smooth texture and to add more sweetness

i am wondering if this sounds crazy or if anyone else has tried it yet?

Greetings WonderTwin:
I have often wondered about using baby food.
It would seem many of the pureed fruits should work just fine....I've just never tried it before.
I'd be interested in your results.
Good luck.
CM

i didnt think of that rooze i guess i have a marketing plan already and i didn't even know it
i can call it "everybody in the crib getting tipsy"

alright well as soon as a batch of fataliis come in i am going to make it
i mean the puree is there already its picked and cooked and the height of freshness
without lots of extra chemicals
i don't have to play chicken with bad fruit from the market

alright so I made the sauce turned out well. I honestly could have used more baby food, but the consistence is close to what I was looking for.
The sauce is really hot right now, I am waiting to see what happens in a few days
IMAG0166.jpg

It's easy to get a smooth consistency if you cook your fruit right. No need to buy a pre-made product.

so just overnight the sauce has calmed down and the flavors are really coming together. i didn't have any tequila in the house though and i thought scotch would probably not go well, so no drunk children yet

and since it cooled down the thickness is now perfect

it didn't add a ton of flavor since the banana is kinda neutral and there is so much lime juice and the juice from the pineapple was added
the next batch i am going to try a fresh banana but i will say it was a very pleased with the results
once i nail it down i will share the recipe

Back