• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

bac spot quarantine advice

hey everybody,
i guess i could use a little advice.

some of my pepper plants have what i am 99.99% sure is bac spot. ive looked at tons of pics on line and read numerous posts on the hot pepper on bac spot that helped me to id the problem..

unfortunately i didnt know what it was right away, also i was working a ton and not able to spend a lot of time in the garden. as a result the bac spot spread to some of my other plants.. so now ive seperated the sick plants from the healthy plants, by about 30 feet.. is this enough space or do i need to move them much further?

also i am treating with liquid copper, and it SEEMS to be working, but the results are slow.. i have about 10 plants sick out of 30ish plants total... should i just torch the 10? id hate to have to, but i really dont want to risk any more plants..

will AACT cure the problem better than liquid copper? or is that just to replenish good bacteria and microbes?

is there a more sure fire way to cure my sick plants other than the copper?

thanks in advance for any advice you might have.. ill post pics of my worst plants tomorrow.

you could always remove the infected leaves but make sure to wear gloves and dip the shears you use in alcohol for a while to disinfect.

you could always remove the infected leaves but make sure to wear gloves and dip the shears you use in alcohol for a while to disinfect.

right on.. now i was removing the infected leaves as much as a could. one plant ended up almost bald lol.. but is that a cure, or just helping to keep it from spreading? either way ill keep doing it..

You are doing all the right things, by isolating bad plants from the good and treating with copper. Removing all of the affected leaves is the way to go as well. I think zinc is supposed to be good for bact leaf spot as well, but dont quote me on that one. Destroying the plants should be your last resort, just see how they bounce back. The more distance from the other plants the better! :)

Back