• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bahamian Goat Pepper

Chaosophia said:
After seeing this thread, I'm definitely going to try growing them this season.

Welcome to THP Chaosophia!  I obtained some seed after watching Nigel's review on the Bahamian Goat.  All my pods ripened to a light peach color and were heavily lobed, very hot and wonderful tasting.  These days I can't tolerate the hotter peppers often, but the BGs were great in most everything I put them in.  You'll love em!

SmokenFire said:

Welcome to THP Chaosophia!  I obtained some seed after watching Nigel's review on the Bahamian Goat.  All my pods ripened to a light peach color and were heavily lobed, very hot and wonderful tasting.  These days I can't tolerate the hotter peppers often, but the BGs were great in most everything I put them in.  You'll love em!
Thank you! :)

I'm not able to eat any of the real hot peppers yet, but I'm slowly working my way there (I hope!). I just started growing this year, and I'm trying to find a good mixture of ornamental and useful (for various cooking) plants to keep in my windows. I only got these seeds because of the name to be honest, but now after receiving them and reading a bit I'm actually most excited about this particular chili!

Ezekiel said:
As wise choice. One of, if not THE favorite pepper I grew this season. I'll definitely be growing it next year as well. These things were great!
Thanks for reassuring that I made a fine choice. :)

My OW Bahamian goat dropped dead this week and I didn't make clones or isolate seeds :-( (few pages back I showed some pics)

Has anyone isolated seeds to spare? Willing to trade or something?

Btw, one of the best peppers ever!

moruga welder said:
Bahamian Goat , on my radar for next years grow !  imagine that working on next year already and haven't gotten through this year !       :onfire:

I got two plants going so I can send some seeds in the fall.  Not isolating them though. Might even play with a cross... so many things I want to cross. 

D3monic said:

I got two plants going so I can send some seeds in the fall.  Not isolating them though. Might even play with a cross... so many things I want to cross. 
that would be cool ! surely i will have something that you would like .     :onfire:

moruga welder said:
Bahamian Goat , on my radar for next years grow !  imagine that working on next year already and haven't gotten through this year !       :onfire:

Plantguy76 said:
Planted my Bahamian Goat seeds February fourth have gotten 100 percent germination.
I look forward to growing these out and most likely ow some .
Your going to like it.

moruga welder said:
It was one of my favorites last year.   Makes a nice smoked powder.  

Hey @GA Growhead,
Did these white-bullet/goat hybrids come out true this year?
I just tried the original hab form today, really delicious so curious how the smaller (and probably more prolific?) bullet form turned out for you.

GA Growhead said:
14108383335260.jpg

Great idea, Chewi! I'm growing a Bahamian Goat (or two) for the third year in a row. Such an amazing tasting pod! Definitely in my top 5, maybe 3 :cheers:

Anybody else think Bahamian Goats taste "sugary" eaten raw? I swear, they almost taste like candy before the citrusy heat kicks in. Not just "sweet," but like actual white sugar, almost like bubble gum or candy or something. I freakin' love those pods :)

I haven't grown ANY peppers since that 2014 season but I have to say, it's these goat peppers I miss the most. They weren't the hottest things I grew, but they had a great kick to them and more importantly they had a really great flavor! Went so well with so many dishes. My mouth seriously waters everytime I think of them. If you've never given them a try, please do, I'm sure you'll be a fan!

Ezekiel said:
Beautiful peppers and the plant is producing well. I'd compare the heat to a Caribbean Red Habanero.
Picked a few last night. That's the Bahamian Goat Peppers up front and in focus (2 with the tail/stinger).

DSC_2618.JPG

Here's one of the only pics I could find of some B. Goats I grew from seed from Midwest Chileheads. Orange pods on the top right plate

IMG_6203.JPG

Delish!!! :party:

Back