• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Baker's Peppers and "The Reaper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Hill said:
Dale You said all the BS about not buying from People not Certified implying there not safe for human consumption IMO, but when you have  "not for human consumption",,, IMO and I'm sure a few others think you have mud on yourself from trying to run down other Business trying to make it look like your peppers are safer then others that are not Certified.  Trying to point out CLEAR warning to Cover your Arse but at the same time try to make others look bad is what turns me off from buying from you.   There's some really good Growers on THP IMO and I sure your one of them but IMO doesn't make your peppers "safer" then anyone else  that don't have the Fancy Paper work or legal  warning  to cover there Arse.   My parting thoughts Cover your Arse Yes,, but don't put others down doing it. 

Agreed! And it was like I mentioned before, when I saw that Dale had put his certification numbers up in big bold numbers on his ads, the first thought that popped in my head was that he was calling out all the other growers (the ones from Florida especially) that they MUST be certified, stamped, sealed and approved to sell even one of their peppers. Even if he didn't overtly say so, the implication was there.

Mr. Hill said:
but if others do there no good to buy from, My Native side says "speak with two tongues"!!   IMO

Dale called out all vendors recently, telling members to check up on them and their licenses/inspections for fresh peppers. He just forgot to mention kitchens and dried peppers, that's why this got so heated. The irony.

I'm certainly not after Dale but after calling out all the vendors here and acting like he's the only one doing it right... then getting caught doing it wrong... of course it is going to be pointed out.

Some do it right, some do it wrong. Some try to capitalize on the parts they are doing right, and get caught with their pants down doing it wrong.

Sounds kinky.

The Hot Pepper said:

Dale called out all vendors recently, telling members to check up on them and their licenses/inspections for fresh peppers. He just forgot to mention kitchens and dried peppers, that's why this got so heated. The irony.

I saw that only just recently in the last couple days, and it amazes me the lengths some will go to in order to put others down to try and build themselves up. And when I read the post, it just smacked of desperation on the part of Dale to try and discredit the other growers on here. And again I ask, am I right in thinking that? Who knows, I'm not Dale. I'm just saying that was the thought that was going through my head when I read it.

The Hot Pepper said:
I'm certainly not after Dale but after calling out all the vendors here and acting like he's the only one doing it right... then getting caught doing it wrong... of course it is going to be pointed out.

Some do it right, some do it wrong. Some try to capitalize on the parts they are doing right, and get caught with their pants down doing it wrong.

Sounds kinky.
"LIKE" that y'all.

THP should get enough posteses on that 'like' alone to get him to "Jeezus" status.

No more perfected werd has eber been spoked... yet.

edit: (HHWiskey just bucked) :boom:

The Hot Pepper said:

I know and IMO wasn't right,  Say one thing but do differently As I said Cover your Arse, but trying to make others look bad but not fallowing "all" the laws as well is BS IMO If there Safe Dale needs  licenses/inspections and not "Buy at your own Risk" That's IMO the same as not being certified when it come to Fresh peppers, why put others down for not having licenses/inspections but doesn't have licenses/inspections to sale dried peppers for human consumption, but says there safe and legal as long as he covers his Arse at check out. Rolling my eyes. 

And as a addendum to what I was saying before, not all the people on the forum here sell peppers for their livelihood. My guess is, that list on here is limited to a relatively small group. Many of us here, myself included, are growing the peppers as a side thing, and while it certainly won't drive us to the poorhouse per se if we don't sell X pounds of peppers and Y ounces of powder during a month, at the same time, it would sure be nice to be able to make enough to cover our expenses, and have a little extra left over to make it worthwhile, and enjoy the fruits of our labor. And while it sure would be nice if we could hit it big in the superhot industry, being able to have a little something is still pretty nice, especially if you do so while helping others in the process...

And I very seriously doubt any of us on here are going out of our way to break the law, and for one person to imply that everyone else is breaking the law simply for doing something (or not doing something) the way they do so, that's just not cool. 

I am sure Dale is a good guy, and might even want him to be my Neighbor, got to be better then some. lol  IMO it's how he's done things that I don't like not that I don't think he grows or makes Safe Jerky or peppers to eat. It's that saying one thing but doing something else I know I really don't like. I like to cover my Arse too why I put IMO, covering my Arse is #1 lol  At the same time If I do something I am not going to say if you don't do as I do your wrong.   

Pot_Calling_The_Kettle_Black.png

Mr. Hill said:
I am sure Dale is a good guy, and might even want him to be my Neighbor, got to be better then some. lol  IMO it's how he's done things that I don't like not that I don't think he grows or makes Safe Jerky or peppers to eat. It's that saying one thing but doing something else I know I really don't like. I like to cover my Arse too why I put IMO, covering my Arse is #1 lol  At the same time If I do something I am not going to say if you don't do as I do your wrong.   

We're many things on here, but mindless drones isn't one of them. What works for one person, may not be alright or feasible for another. If Dale had just left well enough alone and minded his own, then would we all be having this discussion? Probably not. 

elcap1999 said:

We're many things on here, but mindless drones isn't one of them. What works for one person, may not be alright or feasible for another. If Dale had just left well enough alone and minded his own, then would we all be having this discussion? Probably not. 
So agree, We never really talked before but I do think highly of you from your post. 

Mr. Hill said:
So agree, We never really talked before but I do think highly of you from your post. 

Why thank you! And I'm speaking from experience on this :) I've had a few people elsewhere over the years who just couldn't leave well enough alone and mind their own business, which caused me no end of grief, and trust me, it was not what I would consider fun at all.

elcap1999 said:

Why thank you! And I'm speaking from experience on this :) I've had a few people elsewhere over the years who just couldn't leave well enough alone and mind their own business, which caused me no end of grief, and trust me, it was not what I would consider fun at all.
With that I am off to bed.. the older I get the less BS I can take and the more I have to stand up for others.. 

I think I'll do the same. I've been waiting for my medicine to kick in for this rather wicked headache (not quite a migraine but almost there) that's been bothering me most of the evening/night, and as odd as it sounds, reading & replying to this thread did keep my mind off it. And now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Hey Scovie...the Jerky...comes from inspected USDA beef....From a LEGIT licensed facility...nutrition facts, ingredients list, the WHOLE NINE! FYI.....Get YOUR facts straight before you jump in as well...you wanna STAMP that?? LOL...waste of my time.....

As far as calling out other growers.....their "facilities" in which they produce their "Fresh" peppers, has NOTHING to do with this topic THP....Notice AFTER calling them out, NOT A SINGLE one stepped up and said "Heres my info"......In fact...they ALL went away......what does THAT say about THEM?? Are you ALL OVER them??? My NURSERY is a Registered/Inspected/Certified GROWING facility......NOTHING to do with anything OTHER THAN FRESH PEPPERS.....JEEZE...you guys sure know how to twist EVERY little word into a HUGE thing...

I may not have been well versed in "LABELING" dried peppers....you guys proved that...but my CALL OUT to the other GROWERS was just that....nothing to do with Dried Peppers......

I keep reading on here that all i did was "call out" the other growers......I DID DO THAT......and EVERY SINGLE ONE fell right off that discussion.......wonder why........?? Now im the "Bad Guy" cus THEY didnt do things the right way.....i point it out...im the bad guy?!?! I LOVE THE HATERS!!

Dried Peppers are a SIDE PRODUCT of what we do......if ANYONE feels that they cant trust a former Executive/Head Chef to handle their food properly, then DONT BUY FROM ME! Period!! Notice its mostly OTHERS in the biz that have a problem with me.....others that are trying to make $$ just like I am...If I was my competition id be VERY AFFRAID too!! Some People just CANT STAND to see somewone be successful at something they WISH they could do.....Go ahead....HATE AWAY!! Im done on this topic....MANY MANY satisfied customers CANT ALL BE WRONG about Baker's Peppers......you dont like what i sell...DONT BUY IT! But PLEASE...........PLEASE ignore the "Judy" Clones.....they are on a mission....one that is unable to be stopped....

Im DONE here.....

BakersPeppers said:
Hey Scovie...the Jerky...comes from inspected USDA beef....From a LEGIT licensed facility...nutrition facts, ingredients list, the WHOLE NINE! FYI.....Get YOUR facts straight before you jump in as well...you wanna STAMP that?? LOL...waste of my time.....

As far as calling out other growers.....their "facilities" in which they produce their "Fresh" peppers, has NOTHING to do with this topic THP....Notice AFTER calling them out, NOT A SINGLE one stepped up and said "Heres my info"......In fact...they ALL went away......what does THAT say about THEM?? Are you ALL OVER them??? My NURSERY is a Registered/Inspected/Certified GROWING facility......NOTHING to do with anything OTHER THAN FRESH PEPPERS.....JEEZE...you guys sure know how to twist EVERY little word into a HUGE thing...

I may not have been well versed in "LABELING" dried peppers....you guys proved that...but my CALL OUT to the other GROWERS was just that....nothing to do with Dried Peppers......

I keep reading on here that all i did was "call out" the other growers......I DID DO THAT......and EVERY SINGLE ONE fell right off that discussion.......wonder why........?? Now im the "Bad Guy" cus THEY didnt do things the right way.....i point it out...im the bad guy?!?! I LOVE THE HATERS!!

Dried Peppers are a SIDE PRODUCT of what we do......if ANYONE feels that they cant trust a former Executive/Head Chef to handle their food properly, then DONT BUY FROM ME! Period!! Notice its mostly OTHERS in the biz that have a problem with me.....others that are trying to make $$ just like I am...If I was my competition id be VERY AFFRAID too!! Some People just CANT STAND to see somewone be successful at something they WISH they could do.....Go ahead....HATE AWAY!! Im done on this topic....MANY MANY satisfied customers CANT ALL BE WRONG about Baker's Peppers......you dont like what i sell...DONT BUY IT! But PLEASE...........PLEASE ignore the "Judy" Clones.....they are on a mission....one that is unable to be stopped....

Im DONE here.....
It's kind of amazing you feel other growers have to answer to you.

And you can conveniently separate the call out between fresh and dried. I never knew side product meant you didn't have to follow regulations, you just have to trust.

Looks like all has been said.

That's kind of the thing, Dale... We didn't raise a big stink about it. You did. I don't seem to recall anybody except you putting a proverbial gun to their heads demanding they also show their certifications in the manner you did. Prior to all this hoopla, they were content to just sell their wares like most everyone else on here, and we were content to buy from them. You made it an issue, they didn't. If they felt like responding, then they were free too. If they didn't, then nothing was forcing them to. They let their customer service speak for itself, and it speaks volumes about their character. You're implying that their lack of responses is a sign of weakness, but it's a sign of self restraint, and that's a respectable thing in my book. They were going about their day, minding their p's & q's because they had better things to do, but you were going around trying to goad them into responding.

And let me repeat myself. If you had just left well enough alone, Dale, then there would be no need for the haters. It almost feels like on some level, you engineered this on purpose in some odd ploy for attention and/or publicity..

At any rate, I'm done. I really do need to head to bed...

elcap1999 said:
That's kind of the thing, Dale... We didn't raise a big stink about it. You did. I don't seem to recall anybody except you putting a proverbial gun to their heads demanding they also show their certifications in the manner you did. Prior to all this hoopla, they were content to just sell their wares like most everyone else on here, and we were content to buy from them. You made it an issue, they didn't. If they felt like responding, then they were free too. If they didn't, then nothing was forcing them to. They let their customer service speak for itself, and it speaks volumes about their character. You're implying that their lack of responses is a sign of weakness, but it's a sign of self restraint, and that's a respectable thing in my book. They were going about their day, minding their p's & q's because they had better things to do, but you were going around trying to goad them into responding.
And let me repeat myself. If you had just left well enough alone, Dale, then there would be no need for the haters. It almost feels like on some level, you engineered this on purpose in some odd ploy for attention and/or publicity..
At any rate, I'm done. I really do need to head to bed...
Man...u OBVIOUSLY missed the whole thing...JUDY was slandering my name EVERYWHERE ONLINE and i decided to fight fire with fire....again....someone commenting on a topic that clearly has no idea what was said kr done.....Judy attacking me and my business DAILY led to me calling her and other growers out...no,PLOT for attention or business....i sell peppers all day everyday...i dont need to make others look bad in order to gain business.....im doing GREAT on sales without any posts on here!! Judy started it with me...i FINISHED it! Funny how people who dont have a clue what she was doing are now saying i called people out for some sort of hype or attention....this is just HILARIOUS!! Ask judy why SHE felt threatened by me and my business.....why did she attack ne every day in the ADS on here?? Dont dish it out if u cant hang with the return fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back