• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Baker's Peppers. Enough already

Status
Not open for further replies.
sicman said:
he has money for a attorney but not a debt :rofl:

must be some nickle and dime lawyer

what kind of lawyer would advise his client to say anything let alone write a novel on a web site for the world to see? what kind of lawyer would give his client links that are for another country?

Apparently.

Dale wrote:

Due to recent events on this website I have been advised by legal council to address the following things here. This is so I have done my part in making sure the people out there get the real story! The TRUTH!

What followed is a massive wall of badly written text with a BUNCH of RANDOM capitalized letters. TL:DR.
someguy said:
 Is this guy ever going to go away?

Maybe in 28 days. :rofl:

1. If a loan is the crux of constant disruption of this site for over a year, I am remiss in my duty if I do not try to get to the bottom of it, at least, to where it is not causing disruption.

2. You post an ad stating you consider the loan paid, and it is now in the hands of the members. It is my right to protect the members from schemes like this. This month long July "Dave Fund" had a special link so he could count the orders toward the loan payment. His other ads do not. (Edit: In fact the ad states you must click the link in that ad to have it count.) So "ALL THP.com SALES"? Or, all the sales from a rant of an ad, where no one would purchase. This ad just infuriated members and anyone not knowing the situation who stumbled upon it would not order from an ad with that drama in it. This is a $0 resulting, self-serving ad. It is evident this is more stalling, and the blame would fall upon the members at the end of July for not buying his pods to help Dave.

3. So since he considered it PAID with JULY sales, I asked him to put his money where his mouth is. REAL July sales. I am holding him to his own word on this site in an ad he posted. I am not setting any new terms here. I am not doing anything except asking Dale to hold to his word. No link codes. No rants. Just pay the man!

I am not demanding anything of him except what he brought upon himself. He sealed his own fate. Come 7/31 he will be a member, or he will not.

Plain and simple.

sicman said:
he has money for a attorney but not a debt :rofl:

must be some nickle and dime lawyer

what kind of lawyer would advise his client to say anything let alone write a novel on a web site for the world to see? what kind of lawyer would give his client links that are for another country?
Yea that must be the same rent-a-lawyer that his buddy had send me a letter about ceasing the sale of carolina reapers because he apparently thinks he owns the rights to them. both clowns.

I just read Dales rant on his vendor vault page and WOW is all I can say. He really does think he is somehow the victim of this loan thing. Dale in case you actually read this thread and I am sure you do, YOU are the one constantly bragging about how great your biz is and how your the best pepper vendor in the entire universe and making money hand over fist yet you think your are not required to pay this man back. To start Dale, what you claim to be the facts is simply what you claim (one side of a two sided story). If all that you say was said, prove it, he did. Secondly even if the man REFUSED to take your money, I personally would send the guy a friggen cashiers check made out to him so that he HAD to take it. Why? Because as a decent human being and the owner of a prosperous biz its THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Do you even know right from wrong or are you just so arrogant you don't care?

One other thing stood out...your little thing about
"It has been 28 months since the original loan from Dave to me Dale. I have already paid $1,000 of the loan back. On a $5,000 loan the payment would have been roughly $75/month until the debt was paid off. So lets do some quick math...... That means in order to bring the loan current and UP TO DATE I am required to have already paid $2,100 back to Dave. Well since I have only paid back $1,000, that means i owe him $1,100 to bring it UP TO DATE! So....that's what I'm going to do DAVE! I'm sending you a check for $1,100 next week and then EVERY month after that you will get another check/payment towards the loan balance of $75! PERIOD! More than fair, my attorney told me as such!"

Well Mr. Math man yes let's do some math shall we? We borrowed money from our credit union early on and it just so happens it was $5000 (and no I'm not making that up and yes I can prove it). The loan terms were 3 years and since it is a credit union that I have been part of since I was 18 years old I got a pretty decent interest rate. The loan payments were NOT $75 my man. The payments were $220 per month. So I guess you better go back to the store and return your loan calculator because yours sucks. In case you didn't know this Dale, loans have INTEREST and one can only assume with your analogy above your referring to "loan" as a traditional loan. Dave was nice enough to simply ask for the original amount back and no interest yet you STILL think your somehow the victim here. Amazing.

Point is Dale, YOU not anyone else, have publicly bragged about how much money you make and how prosperous your biz has become. I don't know if that is true or not and don't really care. If it is, that's great and good for you. But if that is truly the case, it's a matter of doing the right thing and paying the man back whether he asked for it or not. It's called being a decent person Dale, you should try it some time.

and word of advise..give the "my lawyer" thing a rest. Another guy you know well loves that phrase and contrary to what either of you think, it doesn't intimidate people, just makes you sound like a dumb ass.

Oh and Dale, those links you looked up..er I mean "your lawyer" looked up, and posted..uh yea when YOU post stuff publicly in a public forum (facebook, THP etc).yea its not stalking there bro. You invited the comments. Also, since you seem to think that constitutes bullying, stalking, etc.. I guess Judy should sue your ass to high heaven then huh? They didnt come after, you posted in a public forum and they responded. It's called the First Amendment to the US constitution. Your "lawyer" should look it up.

And just my personal opinion, I think Dan (THP) has been WAY more than patient with you. I personally would have banned you a long time ago. You cause havoc on this forum and many MANY people are sick of a forum that they are part of being flooded with crap from people like you. Who does he think he is? He is the OWNER of this forum and if you read the TOS he can ban you or anyone else any time he wants for any reason he wants without notice and without explanation. There, that is who he is. 

And how does sharing a link of what he said publicly in a public forum on to his public FB page constitute cyberstalking?
mmcdermott1 said:
Yea that must be the same rent-a-lawyer that his buddy had send me a letter about ceasing the sale of carolina reapers because he apparently thinks he owns the rights to them. both clowns.

This :lawyer" he's referring to makes Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad look almost angelic by comparison

mmcdermott1 said:
I just read Dales rant on his vendor vault page and WOW is all I can say. He really does think he is somehow the victim of this loan thing. Dale in case you actually read this thread and I am sure you do, YOU are the one constantly bragging about how great your biz is and how your the best pepper vendor in the entire universe and making money hand over fist yet you think your are not required to pay this man back. To start Dale, what you claim to be the facts is simply what you claim (one side of a two sided story). If all that you say was said, prove it, he did. Secondly even if the man REFUSED to take your money, I personally would send the guy a friggen cashiers check made out to him so that he HAD to take it. Why? Because as a decent human being and the owner of a prosperous biz its THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Do you even know right from wrong or are you just so arrogant you don't care?

One other thing stood out...your little thing about
"It has been 28 months since the original loan from Dave to me Dale. I have already paid $1,000 of the loan back. On a $5,000 loan the payment would have been roughly $75/month until the debt was paid off. So lets do some quick math...... That means in order to bring the loan current and UP TO DATE I am required to have already paid $2,100 back to Dave. Well since I have only paid back $1,000, that means i owe him $1,100 to bring it UP TO DATE! So....that's what I'm going to do DAVE! I'm sending you a check for $1,100 next week and then EVERY month after that you will get another check/payment towards the loan balance of $75! PERIOD! More than fair, my attorney told me as such!"

Well Mr. Math man yes let's do some math shall we? We borrowed money from our credit union early on and it just so happens it was $5000 (and no I'm not making that up and yes I can prove it). The loan terms were 3 years and since it is a credit union that I have been part of since I was 18 years old I got a pretty decent interest rate. The loan payments were NOT $75 my man. The payments were $220 per month. So I guess you better go back to the store and return your loan calculator because yours sucks. In case you didn't know this Dale, loans have INTEREST and one can only assume with your analogy above your referring to "loan" as a traditional loan. Dave was nice enough to simply ask for the original amount back and no interest yet you STILL think your somehow the victim here. Amazing.

Point is Dale, YOU not anyone else, have publicly bragged about how much money you make and how prosperous your biz has become. I don't know if that is true or not and don't really care. If it is, that's great and good for you. But if that is truly the case, it's a matter of doing the right thing and paying the man back whether he asked for it or not. It's called being a decent person Dale, you should try it some time.

and word of advise..give the "my lawyer" thing a rest. Another guy you know well loves that phrase and contrary to what either of you think, it doesn't intimidate people, just makes you sound like a dumb ass.

All I can say is Dale was damn lucky to find someone like Rhody to give such a generous loan with conditions like that (no interest, pay when he can, etc.), conditions which even the shadiest bank in the world wouldn't touch, and as I said before, if after this experience, Rhody doesn't lend a dime out to anyone else, I'd completely understand. 

And Dale is just trying to bully us with that weak rant, since no lawyer worth their salt would advise a client to do such a thing, in fact, they would often tell their client to shut the hell up, and in his case, pay the money back. Since if this went to court, all of Dale's statements would be brought forth as evidence, and I'm sure they'd use his claimed volumes and prices to make similar calculations to what we did, and they'd probably come to the same conclusion: that he simply doesn't wish to pay money back that Dale himself has admitted that he owed, and that he's made a mockery of Rhody's attempts to be paid what he's owed time and time again...

elcap1999 said:

DaleFB-vi.jpg

That's right, dickhead. When your critics get the better of you and start to point out how corrupt and greasy you really are, all you have to do is conduct a smear campaign. Just start calling them names like "troll" and "wannabe". Character defamation of your detractors is far more efficient at solving your problems than… you know… actually SOLVING YOUR PROBLEMS.
     I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd bet this guy is going to make a run for political position. His actions are right up there with the likes of Dick "lie to your country to start a war" Cheney or Barack "2012 NDAA" Obama.

Dash, wait until you read what he wrote in his own Vendor Vault thread, you'll blow a gasket when you see it!

dash 2 said:

That's right, dickhead. When your critics get the better of you and start to point out how corrupt and greasy you really are, all you have to do is conduct a smear campaign. Just start calling them names like "troll" and "wannabe". Character defamation of your detractors is far more efficient at solving your problems than… you know… actually SOLVING YOUR PROBLEMS.
     I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd bet this guy is going to make a run for political position. His actions are right up there with the likes of Dick "lie to your country to start a war" Cheney or Barack "2012 NDAA" Obama.
And like I said earlier, how is linking his own statements as they are and in context onto his FB page constitute cyberstalking and a smear campaign... those are Dale's words, in a public forum, free for anyone to see at any time...
mmcdermott1 said:
I personally would LOVE to see Judge Judy yelling at Dale about doing the right thing and paying the man what he borrowed since he is doing so well with that florida stamp   :rofl:

Yeah, that Fresh From Florida thing is free if you just sell the items :)

You know, this whole "my lawyer advised me" thing is cracking me up...

As someone who is actually presently involved in a lawsuit (as plaintiff) I can tell you outright, first thing a lawyer advises is NOT to talk about the situation. Anything said publicly (in person, email, web forum, fb, etc) can be declared evidence.

A real lawyer would have contacted the admin of this site, with a legal request for information on the parties involved. Although a real lawyer would point out that the only qualm you could claim is slander/libel, and you would lose because what is being said is true and you legally cannot stop someone from speaking the truth.

People would get cease and desist letters in the mail, NOT a post on a web forum.

*****OFFICIAL BUSINESS*****

Hello, my lawyer has instructed me to advise you all of how awesome I am on his behalf.

You will all be receiving cease and desist letters advising you to all only say how awesome I am as soon as you remit the demanded printing and shipping fees totaling USD $24.95 to my Swiss bank account.

*****STAMPED & CERTIFIED******

INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE TO SEND THE SASBE FOR YOUR COPY OF THE CEASE AND DESIST LETTER WILL BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY ONCE THE BANK HAS CONFIRMED YOUR DEPOSIT.

And one other thing, I seem to recall somewhere on here, but for the life of me can't find it, that Dale already went through a bankruptcy, and that he was just barely staying afloat afterwards, working as a cook somewhere, and that he saw this as his opportunity to make big bucks, but no respectable bank anywhere would float him anything except a swift kick out the door with a bankruptcy on his record. And it's starting to sound, based on his on thinly veiled admission of needing us to buy from him in order to repay a loan from Rhody nearly 2.5 years into it, that he is still only barely keeping afloat, and is desperate for a quick buck...

Read that post on the vendor vault... I think somebody's caps lock is broken.

As others have said, I am surprised he spoke with an attorney who would have allowed him to post something as immature as he did.  All attorneys I know (brother in law and multiple other friends) would have insisted to keep quiet and catalog everything rather than post.  Even if they approved of a post, they would have insisted they review it before it was posted.

For the legal threats, I didn't see a single reference to what I would consider legal language in the text aside from the links which aren't being considered as a statement by him.  I haven't been horribly wronged by him through my past purchase(s) but it truly is disappointing to see someone respond in such an uncomposed, immature manner.  I have stated multiple times I like to support my fellow site members, but he consistently reinforces my decision to no longer support him through his actions and commentary.

As a lawyer, I'm rightly miffed with all the lawyer-bashing going on in this thread.  I demand that you all cease and desist the lawyer bashing and get back to bashing Dale.  And Saul Goodman is a damn fine lawyer!  That is all.   :liar:

elcap1999 said:
This :lawyer" he's referring to makes Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad look almost angelic by comparison

I just found more BS in the original ad I didn't even see before:

Heres the code link to  YOU MUST CLICK TO REDEEM in order to have YOUR purchase (minus fees) from us go TO DAVE!! NO BULL!! NO DRAMA!
http:// ...DAVEFUND

So none of his other ads count. ALL THP SALES??? My ass. Just people that click that... which no one would. Nice loophole!

I knew that link code was there but I didn't know he was flat out saying he wasn't counting his other ads as THP sales! Wow!

The more you look, the more you find. I'm so glad I called him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back