vendor Baker's Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Dale is a member here, but I still wanted to provide a review of a recent purchase I made from him. I was nervous about ordering live plants, but Baker's Peppers delivered a great product! I thought I'd start a review of Baker''s Peppers to provide other members with some reassurance about ordering live plants.

I purchased four live plants (two TS Morugas and two Butch Ts). All four arrived healthy and I even received some free seeds as well (7 Pod crossed with Naga Viper). I was very pleased with my order and would definitely do it again. Below are some pictures of the plants/seeds.

Armac I was going to say the same thing, I remember when he first started up and was trading for seeds. When you grow superhots on a commercial level, you are going to get crosses. He has isolated and non isolated seeds growing, it's in his grow log. The peppers Denniz got do not even qualify as super hot, my husband took a big bite with no reaction. Said it tasted like a Hab. Hope he takes everything in to consideration before bad mouthing Judy and saying she sold him bunk seeds. He clearly has "true" brains growing, but maybe these were mislabeled or a random seed made it in his batch, either way, not brains.

My $50 pod
676a175d.jpg

I will freeze forever.

Funny how my coworkers who have no knowledge on peppers shout out. Those look like habs...:/

Now, I am not an expert in any sense of the word, but in the limited research I have done, there is no way to mistake those for Brains.

Heck, I have come close to paying his ridiculous premium price many times. Glad I didn't. Sorta looks like a Hab/scorpion hybrid, doesn't it?

He has borrowed my photos from my website and my personal Blog without my permission. The photos has has taken are 2 Butch T Scorpion peppers (not on a plant), two Moruga Scorpion peppers on plant, and Red Bhut Jolokia photo. These are on his Fresh Peppers for sale page. Willing to bet none of the pictures are his!

The first two pics there look pretty close to BS's that I have seen, though the water spots and resolution make it a little difficult to tell for sure. Your's though... not even close. Bakers has started a thread with his explainations though, maybe you should check it out, and voice any concerns you have there.

I don't think pod shape alone can determine variety as my late season pods have all been much less classical shapes then my earlier season pods especially on my scotch bonnets and yellow 7 pot pods with normally quite definitive shapes.
But that doesn't really explain the perceived lack of heat and different flavour so that's where the questions maybe need to be asked??

I don't think pod shape alone can determine variety as my late season pods have all been much less classical shapes then my earlier season pods especially on my scotch bonnets and yellow 7 pot pods with normally quite definitive shapes.
But that doesn't really explain the perceived lack of heat and different flavour so that's where the questions maybe need to be asked??

This makes sense. Thanks for knowledgeing me.

. all i did was ask people their opinion on the pods i got...

i posted his messages on the board so you could all see how I.. a paying customer (paid $50 instead of his expecting $75) was being treated with his professional business....for some reason he states that i

get others to come out the woodwork and agree with you..

all this time he insisted that i was it in for FREE PODS....

i may not have the best etiquette..

but what i do have is respect... i was not respected as a consumer...IMO....business is business.. if someone went to best buy and complained and lets say YELLED at a manager... i dont think the manager would yell back or belittle the consumer. but when you are insulted.. i think the rest of the world should know your business etiquette

Melissa and her husband tried it and mentioned not rated as a super heat. i had a buddy at work ate the pepper with no reaction. i dont know how Brains taste or smell but they smelled habby...

The first two pics there look pretty close to BS's that I have seen, though the water spots and resolution make it a little difficult to tell for sure. Your's though... not even close. Bakers has started a thread with his explainations though, maybe you should check it out, and voice any concerns you have there.

perhaps because he paid the full price... his deal was 2lbs for $75.. later since no one seemed to post that they were buying i made an offer of $50 and he accepted... perhaps thats why i got those types of pods.. IMO

he has decided to refund my money but not without the insults

"[background=rgb(255,244,228)]n fact..I sent out brain Strain yellow 40 lbs to a customer the same day as yours.....HAPPY AS A PIG IN CRAP! So what am I to do? Everyone is happy but 2 customers....refunds on the way.[/background][background=rgb(255,244,228)]"[/background]

[background=rgb(255,244,228)]"[/background][background=rgb(255,244,228)]and i will expect an apology! Public and private!!" IMO there will always be people who complain...but to expect paying consumers to apologize...dont think so[/background]

[background=rgb(255,244,228)]"U can threaten to tell others..but my reputation stands second to NONE! Thanks for the business...hope u come back after u realize u got what u paid for...take care...."<=-=- words from a professional commercial grower to his consumers[/background]

And there has been issues lately with peppers not appearing to as advertised along with a lack of cooperation from the vendor to correct the issue. Soooooo as a consumer, I might would search out other avenues for my pepper consumption needs.

I think from my understanding is that the price is not matching the quality I understand pod variation, but what a customer also enjoys is the formation on the braintstrain or any other pod. For example AJ (AlabamaJack) scorpion is one of the most awesome TS I have seen sorry I don't have the link, but it is something he has worked on for a long time. Now say he sold it as AJ TS scorpion post the picture and sold at a premium, but sent me AJ TS with a different pod variation I would be piss because it not what I expected at all. It the distinct variations among pods I enjoy seeing especially the TS ( i love flavor and heat don't get me wrong) and it something customers come to expect when purchasing certain varieties for example the brainstrain stumpy pimply grenade not a fatalii look alike. I think when you go about selling pods at a high price they have to match quality otherwise it basically becomes a standard 7 pod, TS, or any other variety. My opinion or 2 pennies and it matters to me.
Sorry AJ for using you as an example if you see this, but those TS scorpions are distinguishable and amazing.
TS(Trinidad Scorpion)

"If i feel as if I have not done wrong, and I feel i have given the customer what they ordered...It's a done deal! Period!"

I find that statement rather troubling, from a customer's perspective.

Leads potential and current customers away from doing done deals. Period.

"If i feel as if I have not done wrong, and I feel i have given the customer what they ordered...It's a done deal! Period!"

I find that statement rather troubling, from a customer's perspective.

Leads potential and current customers away from doing done deals. Period.

Funny how just a few days changes a perspective......

"I have not had an opportunity to buy from Bakers yet, and when I do, and I WILL, it will be an INDULGENCE for me. He has a great reputation here and works hard to provide those pods brother"

Yes it is, especially when I may have made an unproductive indulgence based on so many positive comments about his reputation. After reading a comment like that about his customers and business ethic, I'm now hesitant. So, technically, it wasn't the days that changed my perspective, it was the thought and the words about the customer that I read which changed my perspective.

Guess I'll know for sure when my order arrives, no?

And I still do not agree with Smitty telling anyone how to run a business.

My thoughts are different, no on develops a "reputation" in a few months, it takes time. But one can lose a reputation in an instant.

Oh well, we all interpret things in our own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back