• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Balut

Purchased a few Balut at the farmers market yesterday and didn't realize it was uncooked till I cracked open. I wasn't going to let it go to waste, so I added some fish sauce, Thai chilies and garlic then slurped it down.

7102299303_0333797d99.jpg

My wife and son dry heaved as I slid the slurry off the plate and into my mouth

Kinda like the texture of raw oysters, until I bit the beak, a slight crunch. Flavor similar to a sunny side up egg fried in duck fat.

Was surprised I didn't do the fear factor gag.

it is all in how you mentally go about it I guess.

*swallows my midnight snack for the 2nd time." Thanks for the pic. I don't believe even JayT could have put it in words descriptive enough to get THAT picture in my head

Maybe the Boss will give you a THP No Fear crown like a golden airsick bag or something :D

it is all in how you mentally go about it I guess.

*swallows my midnight snack for the 2nd time." Thanks for the pic. I don't believe even JayT could have put it in words descriptive enough to get THAT picture in my head

Maybe the Boss will give you a THP No Fear crown like a golden airsick bag or something :D
Maybe microwaved on a hotdog bun with cheese :drooling:

Kinda makes you want to "dig" up the old philipperv posts about eating the "un-lucky" dog :(

I had balut for the first time last month. It was not bad. The worst part was getting the boiled egg to go down, I hate boiled eggs. The duck was extremely tasty. I like duck meat anyway, it was really unique for sure. Just had to think past the idea of what I was eating, all in the mind control.

Kind of like hot sauce and peppers, you may think you are going to die during the burn, but there is that slim probability that you will survive. :)

Back