• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Baquinho's Ripening

I started a baquinho seed in rock wool back in the middle of August to try my hand at hydro.  I grew the plant in a 1 quart mason jar, Kratky style, until the roots were wrapping around the bottom of the jar and then transplanted it to a 3 1/2 gallon bucket with an air pump and stone.  
I was giving Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro up until about a month ago and then switched to master blend tomato formula with the magnesium sulfate and calcium nitrate and it has been doing great.  
It has been 3 1/2 months and I now have some peppers that are beginning to ripen.  By Christmas this thing should be loaded with lots of red peppers! 
This was my first hydro try and I can't believe how well its done.  I'm tempted to start a few of this coming year's grow in the rock wool and mason jar technique to give them a head start.  
Here is a pic.  Sorry I can get the hang of taking good pics.  Might be time to upgrade this iPhone 6s to something with a better camera.

IMG_1983.jpg

I think ours are at the exact same age/stage. In fact, I forgot to look in on it for about a week since some started turning orange. Need to go check!
Grew them for my wife who is Brazilian. Snacks on them out of a jar she buys.

Drachor said:
I think ours are at the exact same age/stage. In fact, I forgot to look in on it for about a week since some started turning orange. Need to go check!
Grew them for my wife who is Brazilian. Snacks on them out of a jar she buys.

Awesome.  I assume yours are a hydro grow also?

Back