• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Barrackpore 7

I got some Barrackpore 7 seeds from a couple of kind members here as well as from TCB. I have 2 plants going from the seeds that TCB sent to me. Plants vigor appears to be the same, average pod size and shape is basically the same, but the color is not. One of the plants is putting out chocolate colored pods.

Chocolate colored plant with another ripening
129.jpg

Side by side pods
122.jpg

cut open chocolate
123.jpg

cut open red
124.jpg

I have tasted both and they are both quite painful and couldn't tell much difference in taste or heat and both are glistening with oil droplets inside. Curious if anyone else is finding this as well.

jacob

I just started my seeds, so I cant answer your question on that one, but those both look delicious. I have yet to try a Barrackpore. Going to throw a plant in my hydro setup!! That chocolate one looks to be a touch dangerous. I guess that would be the deliciousness I mentioned right.

Not Barrackpore 7 but I am growing both yellow and red scorpions from TCB and one red plant is producing chocolate pods other are correct. Gotta say that a chocolate pod cross is a lot more exciting than a red pod cross any day of the week. Yours look like they could be scorpion to me, either way very nice plant. :hell:

Not Barrackpore 7 but I am growing both yellow and red scorpions from TCB and one red plant is producing chocolate pods other are correct. Gotta say that a chocolate pod cross is a lot more exciting than a red pod cross any day of the week. Yours look like they could be scorpion to me, either way very nice plant. :hell:
I agree it looks more scorpion, but a lot the pics I have seen of the Barrackpore 7 looks scorpion too. Seems to be a bit of variation in the pods. This is definately one worth saving seeds from and seeing what comes next year.

jacob

Could be a Barrackpore crossed with a Douglah, where there any Douglahs around the chilli patch?

This will be my second year growing the Barrackpore 7 Pot. I hope to grow about 20 odd of them from seeds I got from the pods last season, I think I grabbed most of the pods amongst all the other superhots I was growing (Bhut's, 7 Pots etc.).

Going to make some of my bbq chilli sauce from them this year!

Jacob that is really cool bro. Mine are still not ripe yet but should be ripening soon. Be interesting to see what i get.
Awesome!!

Doesn't look like the Barrackpore 7 I'm growing either. Seeds from TCB last year from his first offering.

I would be excited about that chocolate beast myself.

Back