• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Bass Fishing

Anyone into bass fishing? I used to fish almost everyday then stopped fishing but now I got me another boat and back into it again.

Here is a pretty good fish I caught on Bull Shoals Lake
5eisus.jpg

Man I do LOVE Bass Fishin !!!
I used to go almost every weekend, but it's been about a year since i have wet a line.
Need to get my boat running again and hit the lake soon !!!

Here's my personal best .... caught her in about 3' of water right at dawn.

8.7lb_hawg1bass11111.jpg

Anyone into bass fishing? I used to fish almost everyday then stopped fishing but now I got me another boat and back into it again.

Here is a pretty good fish I caught on Bull Shoals Lake
Nice! I usually just throw a line in the lake and hope "something" bites. I'd even be happy with a boot!

Nice! I usually just throw a line in the lake and hope "something" bites. I'd even be happy with a boot!
I here the fishing is really good up there at Lake of the Boat Docks LOLOL

Seriously you can catch alot of fish just below Bagnell Dam when they are generating. Lots of crappie there

Every once and awhile someone enters a fishing post.

We don't get bass here but when i lived in ontario, i fished bass all the time both large mouth and smalls - its amazing how crazy small mouth get when they pick up the scent of a crayfish.

Now i have that jingle in my head "roland martin he'll tell you what he knows, roland martin he'll show you where to go".

Nice! I bass fish from time to time, put I must say that I prefer the toothier fish. I've caught bass on 12 inch lures by accident lots of times too.

I've caught muskie too, they tend to live in the same waters as bass and eat similar foods. muskie have that familiar roll when caught and that's when you have to watch as the roll can catch in the line in stumps.

small mouth bolt straight to the bottom then navigate the weedbed in attempts to spit the hook, its always nice to see the tail-walk of a caught large mouth. walleye have that 3-tug when caught(line tugs, releases, tugs, releases, tugs, releases (but very fast) then bolts.

...............i'm having a good memory day!

Pretty good? Looks real good man, nice fish! Bass fishing takes finesse! I'm a troll crap around the ocean till something bites while I drink and stuff guy. Freshwater fish are way more difficult to catch IMO. Takes skills!

I like to fish too.Salt and freshwater.

Baught a used boat for $350.00 (a steal,almost free),spent $800. re wiring it(parts,I did the work myself),another $800. for tuneup etc.

Not to mention all the tackle I just HAD to have that I buy or make-just because ....

Then a grand for her jewelry and now I'm too broke to buy gas.
Had to stop buying the Jewelry , the waterline was too far under water.

BUT when I do go out in her , I sure look good pulling in those tree branches and trying to reel in those rocks.

Personal best was reeling in a trolling motor and battery at lake Piru while lead lineing for trout.

Sucker got away though while my buddy was grabbing the camera for a picture.
Hook was stuck in the cable from the motor to the battery.
Battery clip let loose and the hook slid down the cable letting everything slide into the lake again.

Put up one heck of a fight though.

It's probably still hanging out in front of the dam waiting for another $30. lure to cruise by.

I'll never forget fishing one afternoon during a moose hunt and was trolling this lake with a rapala. BANG, thought it was a laker but low and behold, 2 x 4.5lb smallies on one lure. That was a blast !!!

I'll never forget fishing one afternoon during a moose hunt and was trolling this lake with a rapala. BANG, thought it was a laker but low and behold, 2 x 4.5lb smallies on one lure. That was a blast !!!
Now THAT sounds like a fish story :lol:

J/K ;)

Man I use those fish you caught for BAIT! ;)

Those are definitely keepers in my book Brian. Very few things will beat a bass fillet dusted in flour, salt and pepper and fried in butter on iron.

Best of luck to you Brian.

Back