• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

BAT POOP

Ok, I find it hard to believe that the word "bat" has never been typed on this forum, but according to the search engine here....that was the first time, LOL

Anyone had any luck using bat guano? i was in the ol' hippie shop today and was checkin out all the organic ferts...bat guarno was actually really affordable and I can use it in the soil or as a "tea", so i thought I'd give it a shot

a little scared that the word "bat" has never been used on this forum though, lol

thoughts please?

ugh, by the way, to make a "tea" your supposed to let it sit in water for about 48 hours....do this outside, it will make your house smell like s#%!, lol

i think the search engine doesn't take kindly to 3 letter words being searched. i've used potting mix with guano in it, but i haven't specifically picked any up to use. tell us how it goes : ).

Maybe never used "bat", but I did get a few hits for "guano" in the search engine, so that should make you feel a little better. :lol: There are some people using it. It is supposed to be a good organic fertilizer. Never used it myself though. Interesting part is depending on the bird, it is either higher in nitrogen or phosphorus? Not sure how that works.

jacob

that does make me feel better. dumb moment:crazy:, why WOULD a search engine allow three letter words.
yes, i specifically got "Mexican Bat Guano" with a rating of 10-1-2...for the first part of my season, there was also a jamaican and Indonesian bat guano and a Peruvian seabird guano all with different NPK ratings

hotenuff4u said:
ugh, by the way, to make a "tea" your supposed to let it sit in water for about 48 hours....do this outside, it will make your house smell like s#%!, lol

Anaerobic bacteria is the predominant cause of the stink and if your tea smells bad; it's not a good idea to use it. Connect an air pump to some tubing connected to some air stones and submerge them to the bottom of your tea brewing container and the odor will no longer be offensive. :)

Anaerobic bacteria can't survive in a well oxygenated environment.

Back