• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment BBQ Sauce >> Smoked added or No Smoke added ?

OK anyone have any thought's on BBQ sauce i see many people use it on smoked food witch i think is a horrible mistake on Smoked foods. Why wreck a good smoked butt with some crappy store bought sauce. 
And what is your go to sauce?

JayT said:
I think the boss thought I was name dropping, which wasn't my intention, I just thought those guys could possibly add something to the conversation.

Nope, thinking more of a wasted chance for a good question. Like methods or any secrets they are willing to reveal. Pellet grill opinions!  Etc. Since you know them. I dunno, asking what brand sauce, is like asking (famous burger chef here) what ketchup he likes, to me.

Nothing at all, but if you find value in the sauce answers, that's great. What are you using it for? Ribs?

I like you too boss.  I really didn't ask them for me, but for the thread.  It was about bbq sauces.  I just thought I would try to add some professional element to it.  I know what I like for what, but some others might benefit from what they have to say.  Maybe I just wasted my time.

Dinosaur BBQ Wango Tango BBQ Sauce, and Devil's Duel Hot Sauce, used as BBQ sauce, is fantastic!

It's a BBQ joint here but they sell really good all natural sauce, it's the same sauce they use at the joint but not on the que cooked. I like pulled pork sliders with Devi'ls Duel. But the BBQ sauce is very good too! For chicken I often like a dipping sauce, but not cooked on it. If you check out Dino it's worth picking up both of these.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Well, if it's a cut that shines through on it's own smoked, then I would agree on the BBQ sauce being sinful.

My go to for BBQ sauces are my own recipes. The only way to try them is in my restaurant... Or a bribe...

Back