• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce "Be Damned" Extreme Chile Sauce by The Chilli Pepper Company

QuadShotz

Banned
Well, ya'll know how much I love the Naga Mama sauce by these guys. Well, my good friend Tippy went and told me they'd made even more hurty sauces so I had to try 'em:

"Be Damned"

The Be Damned brought an evil friend...
S6304604.jpg

S6304605.jpg

I'd emailed Gerald over there to check on the shipping and price to get me a bottle of Be Damned here in the States. Well, I was amazed to get the reply that he'd send me one if I'd review it for him...well, ok!!

Ingredients: Sweet Peppers, water, vinegar, onions, apples, sugar, salt, Scotch Bonnets, coriander, thyme, peppercorns, 7.3M extract, and 15M capsaicin.

Holy Hell!

Yeah, I don't normally go for anything with extracts, but based on Naga Mama's goodness I figured I had to give it a try.

It's got a very tomato-ish sweet smell with spicy undertones, and a easy pouring consistency...perhaps a bit thin even.

You can smell and taste the spices he used..for the few seconds until the sauce tries to kill you. Yes, there is an extract smell/flavor to it, but it's nowhere as pronounced or harsh/bitter as most extracts I've ever tried.

The heat hits like a ton of bricks loaded on a rocket sled aimed at your face. It's immediate and brutal. It lasted for an intense period of about 5-6 minutes without leveling off before settling down.

I'd prepared by eating a solid meal about an hour before, so I didn't have any cramps or other extract stomach effects.

This isn't a douse-the-tacos sauce...but is IS great for adding truly unreal heat to whatever. I like it mixed with BBQ sauce, in a burrito filling and on my hotdogs.

Heat: ♦♦♦♦♦
Flavor: ♦♦½
Consistancy: ♦♦♦
Overall Usefulness: ♦♦♦½

Of course, here's the painful video review. :-)

(I explain the "10 Minute Burn" sauce in the video as well...it's just toooo much to eat by the teaspoon, so I'll have to figure out another way to review it. It's not currently for sale just yet either.

Thanks Gerald!

-QS

Dude that video rocked! The way you did the intro gets five stars from me and the fact that you did a straight up teaspoon of the sauce has to be commended as well :D Man that kicked your butt, i could tell that you were in pain around the five minute mark, you even had the trademark "drunk voice" that happens when you consume stupid hot stuff :hell: Must be the 'dorphins...

One thing, ain't pure cap 16 million?

Oh yeah to test the other one get yourself a 12cc syringe and meter out your medicine!!

Thx man! :)

yeah...it's a nuclear sauce aite. Does get a bit hard to talk when yer mouth is falling off...heheh. Serious instant droolification.

Yup, chemically pure is 16M, but nearly impossible to actually find.
They do sell 15M SHU vials of Cap on the website as well as lots of other goodies.

Nice video QuadShotz it looks damn HOT!!! :mouthonfire:

Oddly enough i have seen most of your videos before i was a member here now i have a name to put the the reviewer!

Must have found you with the video responses to HSC videos anyways love the videos and always looking forward to more. :cool:

That sucked didn't it Quad? No way in hell you can say you enjoyed that dude. The rush it gave you was good I know but was it worth the suffering? Ya crazy bastage!

Extract sauces are going to kill you bro.

IDK, I didn't hate it..lol

If you ate a whole T. Scorpion, would you enjoy it?

It's not in the same category of yummy as the non-extract sauces for sure, but it's not intended to be. It's a sauce made for providing LOTS of extract heat while still having a natural base, which it does.

It's not intended to be eaten by the Tsp. like that. ;)

I've got the Afterburner, Skobian and Y7 sauces from Neil to do reviews on next...and sure, they'll be more enjoyable to eat by themselves.

For what Be Damned is meant to be, it does it pretty well.

I haven't had any bad effects from it either, so that's something compared to most sauces containing extracts, eh?

Nope, don't think I would enjoy eating a whole T. scorpion. Don't intend to either. Kudos to ya for living up to the agreement to do the review.

I still think you're crazy.:P

Very good stuff Quad. I watched it earlier, but I forgot to comment. You held it together pretty well. Looked like it was REALLY hot! How was it compared to the Burkinas? Did they say how much of the pure cap goes into it?

Thx.

I knew going in it'd be brutal..I'd seen other guy's videos trying it.

But, I'm Quad!

I fear little..cept 10 min burn..that's just nutters....a banned from the FFS sauce.

JayT said:
How was it compared to the Burkinas? Did they say how much of the pure cap goes into it?

It nowhere near as bad eating a hot sauce as it is trying to CHEW up a pod that's trying to close up yer throat...hehehe

IDK how much, but the extracts are the last two ingredients, so it can't be very much...not that you'd need/want more....:shocked:

Hey Quad have you had any more of that insane sauce how soon would you know it would be on sale as you said its not on sale yet

Be Damned is for sale now, 10 Minute Burn is not as of yet. :)

If you wish to email Gerald, he may let you have some...but be warned..it makes Nagas seem pale.

10 Min. Burn is Bhuts + 7.3M extract. It's beyond hot, not to be eaten.

I'd suggest his other sauce...The Beast. It's all naga.

oh coool Q think mine are on way, can't wait now HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dunno bout the 10 min burn, all was told by Gerald was not much apart from would i like to try

Hi Neil thanks for mailing back I will post a few things over to you and see what you think about them.
Fingers crossed they will make it!!!
Cheers
Gerald

loading vid now :)

Tippy said:
Quads you forgot Naga Mama, but that means more mama for me ;)

AH, welcome home mate..and yeah..seems thorny got a piehole full of BeDamned too...lol!

Crazy nutterz. ;)

Gerald's sendin me something soon again..may Cod help me..lol!
He's a good bloke eh?

theHippySeedCo said:
oh coool Q think mine are on way, can't wait now HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dunno bout the 10 min burn, all was told by Gerald was not much apart from would i like to try

Hi Neil thanks for mailing back I will post a few things over to you and see what you think about them.
Fingers crossed they will make it!!!
Cheers
Gerald

loading vid now :)

heheh, thx bro!

Dood, don't do a spoon of the 10MinBurn....you'll regret it.
It's kinda tasty in a chocolately berry way..for about .002 sec, then ya die. ;)

Seriously, it's got more extract than Bhut's I think..just a frelin' stoopidly hot "sauce". It's the only sauce I refused to video..Gerald said was ok though as not on market yet. I put like one drop in an ounce of cream cheese for crackers, and it's nearly too hot to eat THAT way. It's a monster.

Think of "The Source"..then add Bhuts...

See, now the Skobiyan will taste that much betetr now I've gotten the crazee sauce outa the way.... hahah

I loooooveee the Skobiyan...i dunno what's in it other than TS..but sheeet its hot!

A damn good sauce mate, one of yer best yet. Pretty sure be a fun vid. :)

I wanan vid the Y7 too, but it seems to have gotten eaten a wee bit..I'll try to save a tsp. though for tha video posterity. :D

Back