• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bearded's shabby garden

Hey guys, this is my late spring garden. I started germinating the following list in paper towel on june 4, I believe.

5 x black prince
5 x orange habanero
5 x facing heaven
5 x red bhut
7 x moruga scorpion

Out of the above, I've had 4 bl prince, 4 hab, 4 heaven, 3 moruga aaand 2-3 bhuts tap. Tapped seeds went into the hothouse in jiffy pellets on the heat mat. Plants soak up 12 hours direct sun and a few hours of supplementary light a day.

Long time, no see pepperheads. This is the current Not So Shabby Garden For summer 2015. It's been a beauty summer so far here in Ontario. Hot days with the occasional thunderstorm (always after watering, I might add) here and there. 

Big Mama. Not sure what it is but it is scrumptious,

Chocolate Devil's Tongue. 

Moruga Scorpion.

Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The Young Buck of the yard.

Orange Hab.

Yellow Fatalii. The runt of the litter. Overcome cats, dogs, and a duck.

Black Prince.

Mustard Hab. These are the pods I'm looking forward to the most.

Left to right: Grape tomatoes, poblano, 7pot brainstrain, another devil's tongue I believe. In the back there's some catnip and another hot chocolate hab growing in a glass milk bottle (why not?)

A modest pull. Some pods from Big Mama and the first scorpion pod.

That's about all, folks. Any feedback warmly welcome. Until the next.

Thanks Sirex. The black prince grows like a little weed. It never usually gets any bigger than it is but it will keep pumping out little pods of candy goodness all through the winter. 

Speaking of winter, I have started seeds for next spring. Not much different than this year's garden list. Szechuan, Brainstrain, Devil's Tongue, the Not Red Bhuts, morugas, some orange, chocolate and mustard habs. Hopefully one of the Pequin seeds germinates (no luck last year). I plan on giving the Brains in my window a new 16 litre home today. When I started the seeds, I put three seeds in one solo cup and didn't catch them in time to separate them so there's three in one pot. I should have cut two but I didn't have the heart. That and I wanted to see what would happen. Hopefully (but doubtfully) they fuse into some ultra-gnarly, anus destroying mega brain. I shall name him Krang, the Sphincter-Cleaver.

Back