• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

been jerking my meat over 4 days & its sticky..graphic pics

c'mon folks get your mind out of the gutter, this is a family forum :lol:

28 lbs of venison jerky going on over the days, w/48 hours marination & 2 dehydrators running.

4 lbs - orange/ginger
4 lbs - teriyaki
3 lbs - worcestershire
3 lbs - mesquite w/lime
3 lbs - caribbean jerk w/ jam.hot. choc. chile powder
3 lbs - chipotle (w/pasilla,smoked serrano,chipotle morita...powder)
3 lbs - louisana style/cayenne hot sauce
3 lbs - soy sauce
2 lbs - black bean

well all had lime juice in it.
some random pics so far, & its a multiple day event on all these random pics. with more to come since theres 2 more batches to be shown when done.

100_7882.jpg

100_7887.jpg

100_7845-1.jpg

100_7881.jpg

100_7906.jpg

100_7910.jpg

100_7913.jpg

Thats some nice chunky meat, I like to cut mine thick too, and dry it on the smoker, I might have to swipe your recipe it sounds great. First I need a deer to volunteer, no luck yet this year.

Chad

Try jerking off all with Coffee, J Daniels, Cumin , Cardamon, Cumin and cilantro. Obviously chili required- leave that one to you Meat Man.

heres the last of the venison jerky

100_7921.jpg

well I was back for a fun time...not a long time, dont know when I'll be back online after tonight, you all take care.

Thats some nice chunky meat, I like to cut mine thick too, and dry it on the smoker, I might have to swipe your recipe it sounds great. First I need a deer to volunteer, no luck yet this year.

Chad

sorry to hear you havent got a deer yet, I got 5 during firearms opener weekend.

That's some awfully thick cut meat. How long in the dehydrator?

yea it is, I dont have a mechanical slicer so I let it thaw some to a point I can start cutting it by hand, slicing it kinda frozen is the easist way.
it takes about 12 hours +/- to dry it. & season/marinate it for 48 hours since its thick cut.

i've only got 1 this year. my dehydrator has not stopped running for about a week now. I ground all my meat up though. bought a cheap jerky gun from wal-mart(which i don't recommend).

Do you normally use such thick cuts of meat? I usually slice mine about 1/4" the thickest - one reason is the extensive drying time.

Back