BEER!

IMG_5680.jpg

Well since this is thanksgiving, and I am ready for a beer, time for a good one

when I was in chicago, a teacher of mine learned that Schneider is my favorite german brewery

well he gave me a present

in 1999, they decided to start taking 240 cases of Aventinus every year, and saving them for a minimum of 3 years

well he got me one that was brewed back in 2003

2011-11-24_23-15-06_246.jpg

wheebz- just noticed you work at southern tier- you guys make some great stuff!! unearthly oaked is umm...well... unearthly!

Picked up 3 of these the other day with another idea for them but had to try one to make sure that it will work for what I have planed.

Stone Smoked Porter
5.9% ABV

Good beer but as wheebz told me I wouldn't want to drink more than one. While not strong alcohol it is a rather heavy beer with some GREAT flavor. Look for it again soon in a DC post. And yes, I think this will work perfectly for what I have in mind.

96aaa660.jpg

b7a60e7c.jpg

Cheers,
RM

I haven't tried that one yet. I had both the Ruination and the Toasted Bastard? (Cant remember the second). I agree that at least with those two more than one is a bit much. Yours looks like it may be pretty cool for like a beer batter. If some of that smokey flavor can come across maybe a fried fish sammy or fish and chips or something. I may have to go on a hunt...

Dude, toatlly the wrong direction. Let me assist, if I can get through some of this fog.

Ok, close your eyes and think of a Great Bourbon mixed with a Great Porter and Portobello's and

OH, I go too far. Just keep a weatrher eye to the DC and you'll see.

Cheers

Ok, 2 beer night. Actually I've been wanting to try this and I finally found it

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

I can understand why this was voted Beer of the Year in 2000. It has a really great flavor not too sweet and not too hoppy. I really enjoyed this one.

217523b7.jpg

eaf009b8.jpg

I haven't tried that one yet. I had both the Ruination and the Toasted Bastard? (Cant remember the second). I agree that at least with those two more than one is a bit much. Yours looks like it may be pretty cool for like a beer batter. If some of that smokey flavor can come across maybe a fried fish sammy or fish and chips or something. I may have to go on a hunt...
wow. I didn't know Stone beers were nationwide. you mean the oaked arrogant bastard? If you ever find yourself in the area of the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly the San Diego Wild Animal Park), you need to make a stop at the Stone Brewery. Food is overpriced as hell, but the beer tasting is ... yeah.

I take my classes to the wild animal park every semester. :cool:heh heh.

Back