BEER!

These 2 tonight, the first is a new one to me and I have to say it was very good.

North Coast Brewing Pranqster Belgian Style Golden Ale.

2625081655_photobucket_377490_.jpg

Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.

2625081655_photobucket_377494_.jpg

I've never had a Rye Beer before so when I saw this at Publics I had to give it a shot and I have to say I really like it. It has a nice amount of spice and great hop flavor and aroma without being over the top. Here's some pics:

48D1B173-317C-4541-9CC1-D78C9F8288A5-4472-000006D5332515FE.jpg

018A3C77-D97F-4A66-9D9D-DA398A501B53-4472-000006D53BAC9D0C.jpg

Good stuff Maynerd!
Cheers
RM

that to me was my 2nd least favorite beer of all time

i hate rye, and i am not an IPA fan, and this combined too much of both for my taste buds

it sells like crazy though, and everyone tells me its good

Well, guess I need tinted some more, maybe better Rye Beers to make a comparison to. I like some of Seria Navadas stuff in general but none are my most favorite or what Inwould call my go to beers. Suggestions?

I'm also a brewer. Can't wait for the ipa fad to die.

'more hops' the people scream. Try a good imperial stout or something similar and learn - there's more to life than hops.

I made a great English ipa this year. Authentic. Didn't make it again cause I swear the next person who said 'needs More hops' would be skinned alive. I was trying to make a good beer, not sell meth to speedfreaks

because the IPA styles we have nowadays werent around until about 15 years ago, and i really dont enjoy chewing on bitter plants

Then choose one with a lower IBU rating. Not all IPA's are really bitter.

I'm also a brewer. Can't wait for the ipa fad to die.

'more hops' the people scream. Try a good imperial stout or something similar and learn - there's more to life than hops.

I made a great English ipa this year. Authentic. Didn't make it again cause I swear the next person who said 'needs More hops' would be skinned alive. I was trying to make a good beer, not sell meth to speedfreaks

So I guess Hop Stoopid Ale is not a favorite of yours? :lol:

Thanks to a friend of mine from a different forum for giving me the interest to find this one,

Tallgrass Brewery Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout

TallgrassBuffaloSweat.jpg

I'm not usually a huge fan of Russian Imperial Stouts but I get a craving for one from time to time. This one from Sierra Nevada is fantastic! Sierra Nevada Narwhal.

SierraNevadaNarwal.jpg

A damn good porter from a company that I have been far from impressed with, lots of chocolate,caramel,toffee,little coffee, and somewhat of a wine note, dark fruits, etc. Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter.

LeinenkugelBigEddy.jpg

A Belgian Style Abbey Ale from the North Coast Brewery, rich, complex, malty, an all around fantastic sipper. I've only had two beers from North Coast so far and both have been very good. North Coast Brewery Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale. Such a great color as well, a deep reddish brown, just looks tastey :lol: .

BrotherThelonious.jpg

You dont say?

I would have never guessed that there were varying levels of bitterness in IPAs, thats news to me!!!

A Belgian Style Abbey Ale from the North Coast Brewery, rich, complex, malty, an all around fantastic sipper. I've only had two beers from North Coast so far and both have been very good. North Coast Brewery Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale. Such a great color as well, a deep reddish brown, just looks tastey :lol: .

god i love me some brother thelonius

when I was in beer school, we did a class with randy mosher on a food and beer pairing session, and we did the B.T. paired with some sweet f**king caramel toffee stuff

it was amazing

then we hit it side by side again with a cool smoked gouda cheese, which made its own different contrasts of flavors

good times

A damn good porter from a company that I have been far from impressed with, lots of chocolate,caramel,toffee,little coffee, and somewhat of a wine note, dark fruits, etc. Leinenkugel Big Eddy Baltic Porter.

LeinenkugelBigEddy.jpg

Hmm..I might have to try to find that. I really love porters, and I totally agree with Lienenkugel's being far from impressive. Actually, that would be an understatement, but this doesn't look or sound like most of their swill.

Musky, there is a couple more in the "Big Eddy" line but this is the only one I have found so far. A huge improvement from their typical waste products.

I had my local store put in an order for a Russian Imperial Stout I have been meaning to try, North Coast Brewery's Old Rasputin.

So I guess Hop Stoopid Ale is not a favorite of yours? :lol:
I like ipas. I just don't like the mindset people have around it.
It's easy to spot who first got into craft via ipa, cause they have no imagination or taste for complexity. It's a waste.

Ipas have gotten so OTT and alot are a sweet mess that tastes like chewing on hop cones.

I like traditional British cask beer. Sadly I haven't found anyone outside of the UK who has a clue how to make them, so I guess that makes me unique in Japan :)

I like ipas. I just don't like the mindset people have around it.
It's easy to spot who first got into craft via ipa, cause they have no imagination or taste for complexity. It's a waste.

I love IPA's as well but am not crazy about making them as hoppy and bitter as possible as some are.
I like Stone Brewing Co's IPA's especially although my favorite, Arrogant Bastard Ale is actually an American Strong Ale and I prefer it.
I think it has an extrememly complex body and taste.

Back