• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

***Beginner Tips?

Guys, i have an issue. My 7POT was blooming actively in this 2 weeks but dropped almost 60% of its flowers. Despite i do have some pods started, but comparing it to amount of flowers i've got i'm a little disapointed.

Plants look healthy. Maybe i need to double/tripple my fertilizing, or fertilize with every watering?

styxhexnchilli said:
Guys, i have an issue. My 7POT was blooming actively in this 2 weeks but dropped almost 60% of its flowers. Despite i do have some pods started, but comparing it to amount of flowers i've got i'm a little disapointed.

Plants look healthy. Maybe i need to double/tripple my fertilizing, or fertilize with every watering?

Perhaps the weather is too warm during the day, so the plant starts to drop flowers.

Chilidude said:

Perhaps the weather is too warm during the day, so the plant starts to drop flowers.
Sup Chilidude! What about your plants flowers? I live in almost the same climate zone as you and near you.
 +28-30C daytime temps we have here, +20 at night.

styxhexnchilli said:
Sup Chilidude! What about your plants flowers? I live in almost the same climate zone as you and near you.
 +28-30C daytime temps we have here, +20 at night.

Similar day temps right now, but slighly lower night temps. Plants are not dropping that much flowers, but they are not doing much pods either right now...Chili plants have optimal temperature range for best pod making and now it is a bit too warm for their liking.

Back