beer Being Crafty

grantmichaels said:
I'd not, and brew ... lol.
Yeah, I hate waiting in lines, but there is a crazy hype around Aslin IPAs in this area. Even though I have HB for days, I'm still going to do it, just this once. I normally never have Thursdays off, but I happen to have my quarterly ops review on Wednesday, which leaves Thursday wide open to fold out a chair and wait in line for some local juice bombs. I might brew afterwards anyways, since I've been itching to brew a Berliner Weiss.

Grass Snake said:

Yeah I'm really slacking I ran out of propane during the testing stages and never went to get more. Lol

The weather hasn't really been ideal here and the nice days we did have I find myself doing something else. IDK

It's gonna happen though soon
You should get a bag for BIAB, and whip something up in the kitchen, if you can. I've done many AG BIAB brews that have turned out well. No sense in freezing your balls off on your day off to brew some beer. Take it inside, and enjoy your brew day!

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Yeah, I hate waiting in lines, but there is a crazy hype around Aslin IPAs in this area. Even though I have HB for days, I'm still going to do it, just this once. I normally never have Thursdays off, but I happen to have my quarterly ops review on Wednesday, which leaves Thursday wide open to fold out a chair and wait in line for some local juice bombs. I might brew afterwards anyways, since I've been itching to brew a Berliner Weiss.

Have you had these? Almost bought some the other day...

Attachments

• hallo.jpeg
    hallo.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 24
t0mato said:
I can get some 2015 bourbon county soon.

100 for 64oz.....ouch.

:shocked: What the hell is that? The fountain of youth??? No offense but I'd rather force myself to drink camo ice malt liquor foties :sick: before I spent a franklin on a thimbles worth of beer.

:think: Then again I've spent $300 for a bottle of wine, and that was in the 90's.
So I guess that stout is like the Ch. Le Pin or Petrus of beers  :metal:

hogleg said:

:shocked: What the hell is that? The fountain of youth??? No offense but I'd rather force myself to drink camo ice malt liquor foties :sick: before I spent a franklin on a thimbles worth of beer.

:think: Then again I've spent $300 for a bottle of wine, and that was in the 90's.
So I guess that stout is like the Ch. Le Pin or Petrus of beers  :metal:
For sure! Good beer can be compared to wine, but that cost is pretty outrageous for only 64 ounces, especially for 2015 BCS. Maybe an epic blended barrel aged geuze could qualify for prices like that.

t0mato said:
Its a barrel aged stout.   A very overpriced one.
And a damn good one too! I've had many years of BCS, and it is one of the best of it's type, but you can't cellar a growler. 64 ounces of bottled BCS is approaching being worth it, simply because you can cellar/save individual bottles, instead of cracking the seal of a growler, and needing to drink it in a few days.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
And a damn good one too! I've had many years of BCS, and it is one of the best of it's type, but you can't cellar a growler. 64 ounces of bottled BCS is approaching being worth it, simply because you can cellar/save individual bottles, instead of cracking the seal of a growler, and needing to drink it in a few days.

A local growler place has some bottles on display.  I'm thinking about buying one just for the hell of it. 

t0mato said:
I should. 

I thought the bottles were 15 apiece, but maybe I missed a zero. 

How much are they usually? 

People drinking bourbon county.  This cracks me up so much.  :rofl:  :rofl:
It depends on the vintage, but I would say that $10-15 isn't unreasonable.

Back