beer Being Crafty

image.jpg

Right out of the can.

Hahaha ...

I have quietly found my sweet spot in the past few months, by way of commercial beers I've had, many sent from people here ...

I'm not planning to push too many into the huge range ;) ...

6.5-11.5% is def my happy place ...

I really like the true DIPA sweetspot between like 7.5 and 9.5% at most, too ...

The one's bigger than 9.5% are cool, but I'd rather keep on purchasing or trading for those, and keep most of my batches in the sweet spot of crushability, since there's always like a case-worth to drink (or more) ...

Magic Green Nuggets was the DIPA version of what became the 3rd Anniversary (IIIPA), I think ...

That little bit of a concession in strength really enhanced it's drinkability, and it's one of the one's I've had of late that remains very much on my mind ...

3rd Anniv, MGN, and the Master or Oranges from TGCM, and finally LUX - the reminder in my mind that I need to try a rye-variant of Red Eye ...

I'm glad I picked out a good one for you, yeah, I can't wait for that one again.

PS. Pretty sure IIIPA is not correct for triple IPA, as in IIPA the first I is Imperial, and DIPA is double. Does TIPA exist?

tctenten said:
If i am going to have one or two give me a 3rd Anny or another 9-10%er. If I am having 4-5 DIPA is perfect. If it is all day drinking Kolsch me.

Yeah, this ...

Except I never want all-day drinking, so I don't ever need anything Kolsch-like ...

1-2x tall boy is about all of the beer I can drink most any day ...

If I want more alcohol than that, I'm more likely to work in a negroni, Cuba libre, or Moscow mule or something ...

Back