beer Being Crafty

This is a pretty solid IPA, but Aslin's use of sacc trois yeast, instead of their regular house yeast, really changes the style a lot. It is a lot clearer, and not a complete hop bomb as usual. It is very solid compared to most shelfie IPAs, but not one that really dazzles the palate. I's dry hopped with Falconers Flight, but I have a had a much better IPA brewed with that hop, which is the double falcon smash from Triple Crossing. I'm glad I only picked up a 4 pack of this, since Aslin has been putting out some epic batches of their standard NEIPAs lately.

the hell son the hell?

IMG_20170526_220630.jpg

Aslin has collabed with a good 10 breweries in the past 3 months. Only two of the collab results have come close to equalling any of Aslins go to beers. One was the Sand City collab, which was awesome, and the other was the Civil Society collab.

This collab with Great Notion is really good, but lacks the outright hop bomb/creamy mouthfeel/fruit smoothie effect that several of Aslins staple beers impart.

I would really love to see Aslin collab with Sand City again, but for the most part, their collabs seem to detract from the best part of their style.

Don't get me wrong, this Wild DIPA collab with Great Notion shits on anything you could buy off of a shelf IPA wise, but it can't touch Master of Oranges/Dunley Place/Orange Starfish/Master of Karate/Mind the Hop, etc...

Hb braggot/saison from last Summer.

A bunch of friends are trying to get me to camp out, and party at this epic event up North. The Widdler, Clozee, Planet of the Drums, Roni Size, Calyx and Teebee, Liquid Stranger, and DJ Dan, among many others. 5 days of camping/partying reminds me a bit of Burning Man, but closer to civilization, and two less days. I really want to go, so I might brew ASAP, to fill up some of my friends' Corny kegs for the rave.

Back