beer Being Crafty

tctenten said:
You never know, one mans trash another mans treasure.
I appreciate your optimism, Terry, but...

IMG_5033.JPG

:rofl:

I have a feeling these boxes are gonna fall flat... I'm sorry, guys. I'm trying. Please don't judge me by my first attempt :cheers:

The Hot Pepper said:
I didn't say they didn't *exist.* I'm saying they probably suck, haha. Yes, I'm new to "the game," but I've lived in CT for my entire life (minus the Marine Corps). NEVER, ever, ever, EVER, have I heard of anyone lining up around the block waiting for a new CT brewery release. Thanks for the link, though! I'm really not an unappreciative asshole :) (hope I'm not coming across that way)

The Hot Pepper said:
Have to be in the mood for THAT! I mean, pretzels, sausage, and mustard are def needed to cope.
PHUUUUUUUCK!!! :doh: Might wanna hit up the bodega for some pretzels and mustard on the way to the post office :mope:

Ashen said:
Ransack at grocery store on sale
Some old Skool crafty. Warsteinner. My favourite Pils.
Ashen's on the same page as me! Ransack is my new shit! Use to drink a lot of Warsteinner too, before "crafty" was "a thing." Getting close to my Beck's wheelhouse ;)

Ashen, looking at that pic again, that's your "sale" price?! Here, Ransack is like $11-12/four pack, consistent.

Reminds me of my honeymoon in Ireland, back in '09. Pint of Guinness there was like $9. Back home, like $4. Makes no sense

Exchange rate is part of that ,plus they tax us out the arse on alcohol up here . Flip side of that is after drinking a bunch of them I could fall break my arm and not have to worry about how to pay to get it fixed up ,or if my insurance premiums will go up.

MikeUSMC said:
I didn't say they didn't *exist.* I'm saying they probably suck, haha. Yes, I'm new to "the game," but I've lived in CT for my entire life (minus the Marine Corps). NEVER, ever, ever, EVER, have I heard of anyone lining up around the block waiting for a new CT brewery release. Thanks for the link, though! I'm really not an unappreciative asshole :) (hope I'm not coming across that way)

;)
Head down to Pookieville on a Saturday morning and see what it is all about....

The Hot Pepper said:
Two Roads is a really good brewery.
Yeah, it is. Their stuff is all over the place up here, in the bars and stores. Their "Road to Ruin" (DIPA, I think?) is pretty good. Would've mailed you guys some of that too, but they only come in glass bottles, AFAIK. I thought cans would be safer. I've really gotta get down to New England Brewing Co. to see what else they offer besides Sea Hag

tctenten said:
Head down to Pookieville on a Saturday morning and see what it is all about....
Yeah, maybe someday. I looked up OH the other day and it's like 2 1/2 hours from my house, haha. That'd be quite a long drive home with a buzz :mope: I was really hoping it was closer, since I'm just under an hour and a half from the GW Bridge.

you need to find something interesting for someone you know that doesn't drink beer near the brewery.   Get them excited about doing that , then tell them that btw I want to stop at the brewery while we are there anyway and would they drive back.    
For example, IKEA is about 5 mins from my favourite brewery which is a fair drive from where I live.   My wife gets to go through Ikea and I get beer and sometimes meatballs. WIN WIN  ;)

MikeUSMC said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_5028.JPG

I had one of these a few weeks ago at a picnic. I thought I didn't mind it, but I was pretty cocked. Now that I'm drinking one sober, my God are they awful.

Boss and 1010: when you check your mailboxes tomorrow, there will be a package in there. Inside each of those packages is one of these disgusting, pathetic attempts at a fruity NEIPA.

Your instructions are as follows: Remove said can from said package. Grab the can (laces out), cock your arm back, and haul off and chuck those cans at the nearest brick wall you can find. Give the empty, crushed can on the ground the middle finger. Erase the fact that they came from me out of your memory forever. Next: Crack a good beer from your favorite brewery and carry on. That is all.

(Sorry to ruin the surprise, but I really had to warn you ;) )

Had to try this one FIRST! Not as bad as you make it out to be but that is preference of course. I'm sitting here enjoying it. It has a hint of fresh apple cider to me, so not juicy in the citrus regard, but welcome, and pretty tasty.

Back