beer Being Crafty

I'll join you. Half and half here Cheers!

Attachments

• 20171224_183859.jpg
    20171224_183859.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
Just gurgled a 5 gal of lager.  Got 5g of ale ready to be kegged, tapped and quick carbed.  5 of another lager from 11/18 that's also ready and 5 of another ale that's ready in a week.  $16/5gal = 54 beers

Last beer of lager is cloudy but the previous was read thru I swear

Rairdog said:
Just gurgled a 5 gal of lager.  Got 5g of ale ready to be kegged, tapped and quick carbed.  5 of another lager from 11/18 that's also ready and 5 of another ale that's ready in a week.  $16/5gal = 54 beers

Last beer of lager is cloudy but the previous was read thru I swear
Good Stuff! Did you cold crash before lagering? It seems to me that is the sure fire way to a crystal clear lager.

I just started getting into lager.  I used 2112 yeast which ferments at ale temps.  2 weeks at 63f...bump to 68 for 3 or 4 days to clean up then into the kegerator at 39 for 3 to 4 weeks.  I couldn't drop the fermenter to 50's for lagers and still do ales in it or tie it up that long.  2 weeks in kegerator was still cloudy.  3 weeks made a big diff. on next batch.  Another week in keg made it crystal.  Still learning and playin!  I have never use gelatin, moss or any other clarafiers.  Trying to keep it old school and simple.

Rairdog said:
I just started getting into lager.  I used 2112 yeast which ferments at ale temps.  2 weeks at 63f...bump to 68 for 3 or 4 days to clean up then into the kegerator at 39 for 3 to 4 weeks.  I couldn't drop the fermenter to 50's for lagers and still do ales in it or tie it up that long.  2 weeks in kegerator was still cloudy.  3 weeks made a big diff. on next batch.  Another week in keg made it crystal.  Still learning and playin!  I have never use gelatin, moss or any other clarafiers.  Trying to keep it old school and simple.
I figure afer primary fermentation is done, cold crash, then transfer to secondary for proper lagering of a month or two, then keg. The beer should be crystal clear at that point with 2112. I'm no lager expert though, so I'm sure Ozzy could chime in, since he fancies a HB pilsner from time to time. Irish moss at the end of the boil could help as well, I'm sure.

Rairdog said:
I figure afer primary fermentation is done, cold crash, then transfer to secondary for proper lagering of a month or two, then keg. The beer should be crystal clear at that point with 2112. I'm no lager expert though, so I'm sure Ozzy could chime in, since he fancies a HB pilsner from time to time. Irish moss at the end of the boil could help as well, I'm sure.

Back