beer Being Crafty

HB Russian Imperial Bhut Stout. I brewed this one towards the end of 2016. On fresh bhut during the whirpool, and one "wet hopped" bhut during secondary. The heat from the bhuts, and the flavor from the over 30lbs of grain have melded into a seriously fantastic brew. Sooo ridiculously smooth for a 13%er!

Attachments

• 20180517_192157.jpg
    20180517_192157.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 48
IMG_6582.JPG

Damn, been away so long I had to log back in, hahaha

Had my first Sap last night (2 nights ago?), courtesy of my cousin in Boston. Brutally honest, I was expecting a bit more. Still a good beer, but probably one of my least favorites from Tree House (next to Lights On). I still have a bunch more to try though

:cheers:

IMG_6588.JPG

IMG_6589.JPG

I went up today, to stock up for Memorial Day :party:

One of my buddies from my platoon (who's also an Ironworker now, haha) is coming up from Long Island with his wife and kids and staying with us for the weekend. I'm still wrapping shit up at the other house (waiting on the kitchen countertop and tiling the shower) and getting my house ready for next weekend. I just spread 7 yards of mulch, hahaha. Not enough hours in the day!

Having a big party at my house next weekend. Lots of loose ends to tie up. I'm actually borrowing another smoker off a buddy of mine to have enough space to make all the food. I think he's got a Kamado Joe egg (can't remember what size). Hope that shit doesn't throw me any curveballs cuz I'm smoking a brisket in that mofo, hahaha. Gonna do apps and a Boston butt in my barrel ;)

:cheers:

Tastes like a fresh red plum, not sure what plums they used but since it's a sour the whole beer tastes like eating a juicy red plum so good!

So far this may be my fave fruit for a sour. Like duh, it works so well.

Ghaleon said:
I saw that they actually made a Carolina Reaper beer. I don't see how that could be enjoyable but it got me wondering how many chili beers are out there and if I'd enjoy any of them.
The reaper beer was actually pretty decent. I picked it up as soon as it came out Summer of 2016. Here is a pic of the brew I took in my garden, with some freshly picked reapers. It had a pleasant mouth and throat burn.

Attachments

• 20180519_195206.jpg
    20180519_195206.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
The Hot Pepper said:
Tastes like a fresh red plum, not sure what plums they used but since it's a sour the whole beer tastes like eating a juicy red plum so good!

So far this may be my fave fruit for a sour. Like duh, it works so well.
I agree with you on the plums in sours. That Elektric Empress plum sour that Dane shared with me was one of the best sours I have had this year.

Back