beer Being Crafty

This is the one under the stout

IMG_20181220_171852.jpg

I found a few bombers of a Russian Imperial Stout I brewed a few years ago, in my music room today, while cleaning This is tasting fantastic! I used around 30 lbs. of grain for this 5 gallon brew, and it's about 13% ABV. I'd have to check back on my brewing notes from 2016, but that grain weight and ABV seem about right. Head retention is so solid! The flavor is so on point as well. I need to brew this one again sometime soon...maybe early next year.

Attachments

• 20181220_231123.jpg
    20181220_231123.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
I like this one better than the pear version I tried last week.
Lichtenhainer is an interesting style, slightly sour wheat beer with a smokey note. This one tastes somewhat like an applewood smoked gose. Very cool that all these old specialty styles are finding new expressions. It seems like everybody is coming out with a Gose, grisette or gruit these days.

_20181221_005822.JPG
_20181221_005945.JPG

Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Imperial Dark

"Every year on the 24th of February, we celebrate the birth of Charles Quint. Therefore we brew a special beer in limited edition called Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Imperial Dark (Grand Cru of the Emperor).

This exceptional ale ages well, developing a refined complexity and intense aromas. With powerful notes of roasted malts, caramel and plums, its surprisingly soft and fruity aroma combines a warm roundness with a refreshing taste.

It is imperially crowned with a cork so it can be preserved for a long period of time at a constant cellar temperature of 12° C (54°F). An imperial beer to cherish and enjoy in moderation."

Man oh man, this one is amazing!!! 11%, but drinks so smoothly. Great fruit esters from the yeast. If I was to give anyone their first true Belgian style beer, it would be this one.

Attachments

• 20181221_214827.jpg
    20181221_214827.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 31
Ashen said:
I like this one better than the pear version I tried last week.
Lichtenhainer is an interesting style, slightly sour wheat beer with a smokey note. This one tastes somewhat like an applewood smoked gose. Very cool that all these old specialty styles are finding new expressions. It seems like everybody is coming out with a Gose, grisette or gruit these days.

Down to try it but not a fan of apple beers, it makes any beer taste "lagery/cidery" sweet which I don't like too much...

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I found a few bombers of a Russian Imperial Stout I brewed a few years ago, in my music room today, while cleaning

You either
1) Live in a mansion or...
2) Are a hoarder

:lol:

The Hot Pepper said:

You either
1) Live in a mansion or...
2) Are a hoarder

:lol:
Neither, actually. One of my spare bedrooms, which is my music room, has a closet that has several cases of mead in it, among other things. One of the mead boxes was filled with HB beer, that I had stashed away, after drinking all of the bottles of mead in it a few years ago. There are also some bottles of tasty HB gose in there

Rajun Gardener said:
You guys are killing me with these 16oz beers and plain labels, it must be a northern thing. 

Thanks to THP for turning me on to IPA's!!!!!
Rajun, when I first found this thread, I told these guys I was gonna start trying to hunt down those big cans, with the labels that looked like MC Hammer pants :rofl:

So, if you see any MC Hammer references in here, that's where they came from ;)

The Hot Pepper said:

Down to try it but not a fan of apple beers, it makes any beer taste "lagery/cidery" sweet which I don't like too much...
There isn't really any noticeable sweet apple to it, unlike the pear version which had a noticeable pear flavour . A faint apple aroma when first poured, after that it was all applewood smoke on a slight sour wheat beer. Definitely one of the most interesting beers I have tried this year.

MikeUSMC said:
How'd you like those beers from Collective Arts, Boss? Those two, Life in the Clouds and Mash Up the Jam, are two of my favorites!
I had a jam up the mash recently that I was a bit disappointed with, I am not sure if they tweaked the recipe or if the fruit they use was just not as good as usual, it was missing some of the more deep complex flavours of the ones I have had in the past.

Back