beer Being Crafty

Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Imperial Dark (blauw) (2018)

A+++++++++++++ Belgian! Seriously one of the best dark Belgians, if not the best dark Belgian beers I have ever had. Every single drop is a symphony of flavor. I don't have a single complaint about this one, it is perfect.

"Every year on the 24th of February, we celebrate the birth of Charles Quint. Therefore we brew a special beer in limited edition called Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Imperial Dark (Grand Cru of the Emperor).

This exceptional ale ages well, developing a refined complexity and intense aromas. With powerful notes of roasted malts, caramel and plums, its surprisingly soft and fruity aroma combines a warm roundness with a refreshing taste.

It is imperially crowned with a cork so it can be preserved for a long period of time at a constant cellar temperature of 12° C (54°F). An imperial beer to cherish and enjoy in moderation."

Attachments

• 20190126_194758.jpg
    20190126_194758.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27
Hit the newest brewery in town yesterday for first time.

Fixed Gear brewing

Peloton, 5.4%, German Pilsner
Alley Cat, 5.1%, Milkshake IPA
Red Hook, 5.5%, Oatmeal Stout
Cherry Training Wheels, 4%, Sour Series

I think they have a ways to go to really find their groove but not bad for a start
_20190126_233857.JPG

Went out tonight for a buddies birthday at another local place for an oyster popup event.

Tropic thunder pale ale. Pretty low impact pale but at least the oysters were delicious. Dark bar photos. ;)
_20190126_233422.JPG

_20190126_233447.JPG
_20190126_233810.JPG

"We shall know them by the number of their dead."
_20190126_233540.JPG

Against The Grain / Freigeist Gegen den Strom Zerbster Bitterbier | Against The Grain Brewery & Smokehouse

from their website:

"The next entry in the Gegen den Strom series. The Broyhan had no hops so the Bitterbier obviously will have way too many. A historical hoppy beer before they even new what an IPA was. We also throw a curveball into this beer with a small proportion of alder wood smoked malt smoked right here at AtG. The 55 IBUs come exclusively from German perle and Czech Saaz hops. Both low alpha acids so a large charge of each will produce a very floral and spicy aroma that will blend perfectly with the smoke. We're really excited to share this one with the world."

20190127_174428_resized.jpg

20190127_174437_resized.jpg

first time i had a smoked beer. its good but not an everyday beer for me.

Back