• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Benito's Naranja

:onfire:
Monday, July 07, 2008

Current mood: inspired

B.D. Tastebuds
www.myspace.com/bdtastebuds
Send Samples To:
B.D. Tastebuds
3427 E. Surrey Dr.
Owensboro, Ky. 42301

Ahhh...the dog days of summer. Bikinis, babes...and bar-b-q! It's all here in the bustling little Owensboro, Ky. metro area.. "The Bar-b-que Capital of the World" Google it..it's true. I am an expert on the finer tastes of bastings of all kinds. Here we have all the good stuff.. mutton, burgoo, angus burgers, and the mixtures that hillbillies have created and passed down over the years. I am here to guide you on a cosmic journey into the world of "Hot-b-cue". A land that few are tough enough to enjoy..but thank me for the experience afterward! I am a lover of jalapenos, fire sauces, scotch bonnets, paprika, tabasco and papayas...always looking for something to make food wild and exciting. For the last 5 years I have been looking for the perfect hot sauce, it all began with my job... I have been in the pizza industry for 15 years, and believe me pizza gets tired after you eat it everyday for that long...to sum it up, I wanted to go on eating for free and I needed a hobby...so I jumped in deep to the world of the chilehead. I rate my sauces on a 1-10 scale in 6 categories...
1. Taste: 1 being swamp water- 10 being delicious
2. Heat: 1 being Ketchup - 10 being Blow your head off
3. Aftertaste: 1 being bitter - 10 being desirable
4. Appearance: and Consistency 1 being watery - 10 being salsa
5. Uniqueness: 1 being done before- 10 being new or bizarre
6. Overall Satisfaction: 1- sucko - 10 being magnifico!

I sample the product on at least 3 different foods, by the spoonful, and cooked and uncooked. I also review on it's appearance, in and out, and always finish each bottle before I review to give you a great overall idea of what you are getting yourself into... so enjoy!

Benito's Naranja
"A Delectable Addiction"
Prepared and bottled @ The Laughing Burrito
27 Roseland Av.
Caldwell, NJ. 07006
973-618-9600

I recently got a sample pack from Benito's Hot Sauce and in the box were 2 sauces...Benito's Naranja is the one I will be telling you about today...and if you are good..soon I will tell you about the other one. This sauce is an organic masterpiece, I do not usually think too highly of organics...but this sauce is a delightful surprise. When you open the cap you get a wonderfully fresh smell..like a peppery ranch aroma, not overwhelming at all. It is a flaming orange color..and is the perfect consistency for a sauce...just right on man!!! Just barely moves on the spoon! And then the SPOON TEST...damn...it's like a carrot and a habanero had sex in garlic...yum..I am impressed with the texture and flavor blend..but man...there is very little bite here, my wife even tried it without complaint. It is a very mild habanero-cayenne with onion, garlic, and carrots. The flavor is super. I tried it in Italian Wedding Soup..and that perked up the heat a bit..made my head sweat and sinuses feel great... I felt like 375 bucks! And for the next test...Taco Bell..I mixed it with Sour Cream and spread it on a mexican pizza...oh yeah... that made it taste fancy...and that is hard to do at Taco Bell. On the pizza you could even taste lime..which is listed in the ingredients but needed sour cream to bring it's flavor out. This sauce is very different, I think the average chilehead may be a little disturbed by it. I think it is great because of it's versatility and absolute disregard for the rules... It is one bad ass mother on nachos my friends, and Benito has some super tasty mild habaneros i'd like to have in my back yard...that's all i gots to say about that. Give 'er a shot! The guy on the bottle looks happy and the sauce will make you feel that way too!

Taste 8.5
Heat 3.5
Aftertaste 8.0
Appearance 6.5
Uniqueness 9.5
Satisfaction 8.5
Overall 7.5 (A sauce Well Worth Eatin')

B.D.'s Recipe Idea

CLASSY Naranja Nachos

1/2 lb. Velveeta Cheese
8 oz. Benito's Naranja
1 pt. Sour Cream w/ chives
3 oz. Bacon Bits
1 cup of YOUR FAVORITE SALSA
3 minutes...microwave..stir...nuke until creamy...pour over them nachos...viva la raza

Welcome to the site. Nice review. I've had some of these. They are smooth and fresh tasting unlike any other hot sauce, kinda like if a creamsicle melted... okay never mind. I can't really compare them to anything. Unique.

I agree wholeheartedly....Hawe you tried the Joe's #1 jalapa?? It is a sweet ass blend of Jalapeno and Lime....way mild...but tasty as hell

I think so, I don't remember the names.

No way, lol. That name is coming back to me now. I know I had a few of the Benito's. They all had that smooth character.

Nice review BD. If you are in the land of Q, and looking for heat, you should look into trying Mild to Wild's Fiery Hot Habanero, best damn bbq sauce that ever made my mouth tingle and forehead sweat. Since you also from Kentucky, make sure you make it to Jungle Jim's International Market for Weekend of Fire Aug 2-3, you can sample many a hot sauce, bbq, and salsa there and even take part in the Defcon World Championship Deathmatch.

Again nice review. Why not do reviews for THP full time? I do believe he is looking for volunteers.

Buddah said:
Nice review BD. If you are in the land of Q, and looking for heat, you should look into trying Mild to Wild's Fiery Hot Habanero, best damn bbq sauce that ever made my mouth tingle and forehead sweat. Since you also from Kentucky, make sure you make it to Jungle Jim's International Market for Weekend of Fire Aug 2-3, you can sample many a hot sauce, bbq, and salsa there and even take part in the Defcon World Championship Deathmatch.

Again nice review. Why not do reviews for THP full time? I do believe he is looking for volunteers.
I am volunteering...that was my sample review actually...still waiting to see if I am good enough....I have a unique style...and my sample is pretty plain :shocked: Thanks for the kind words though...i'm still trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Weekend of Fire...so cross your fingers for me

BDTastebuds said:
I am volunteering...that was my sample review actually...still waiting to see if I am good enough....I have a unique style...and my sample is pretty plain :shocked: Thanks for the kind words though...i'm still trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Weekend of Fire...so cross your fingers for me

I think reviews shouldn't be formatted. Each person has their unique view on things and you should let them talk from experience so it comes out naturally. You did that, and I am sure THP will see that. If not, I could always use ya for TTF. THP comes first though, because the industry needs more websites that do reviews. If you make it to W.o.F. make sure you say hello at the TTF table. ;)

Buddah said:
I think reviews shouldn't be formatted. Each person has their unique view on things and you should let them talk from experience so it comes out naturally. You did that, and I am sure THP will see that. If not, I could always use ya for TTF. THP comes first though, because the industry needs more websites that do reviews. If you make it to W.o.F. make sure you say hello at the TTF table. ;)
Well you know....rules rules rules...everywhere you go...I love both of the sites so much i'd be glad to do reviews for any of ya!:hell:

Back