• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies BEST and Worst movies....lately.

I just watched The Girl Next Door. It's kinda like when you see an obese woman bend over -- you wish you hadn't. Towards the end: very, very wrong.

Sickmont said:
Really? i might just have to check it out then....especially if it makes you react like you're on a roller coaster. That could be amusing indeed.

i saw it not too long ago..was pretty good i thought. had the whole room to myself too! haha thanks to it being mexico, mo and 2:30ish in the afternoon on a weekday. i enjoyed it though..of course, i don't get motion sickness either..that may have helped. worth a watch and definitely seems to be one of those movies that are better to see on a huge screen with loud speakers.

cheezydemon said:
Amen! And I know it has been mentioned, but also by those sickos:
Dead Alive - the singularly most god awfully kick ass movie of all time!!!!!

i loved that one! only watched it once...the lawnmower scene kicks ass. haha it was absurdly gory at that point. :D

cheezydemon said:
That is freaking awesome DTV!!!

CABIN FEVER

that, and they have a 24 pack of arrogant bastard in their cabin! :lol:

ring sting said:
I just watched The Girl Next Door. It's kinda like when you see an obese woman bend over -- you wish you hadn't. Towards the end: very, very wrong.

haha why? is she a he!? :shocked: (rhetorical..no explanation necessary. haven't seen it..but i guess the answer would be a spoiler.)

Evil dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness. I could live without the 1st one, but ED2 and A of D must be respected out of this trilogy. Especially ED2!!!!!

Hahah -- I own Dead Alive and the special edition of Bad Taste... So good...

But yeah, Evil Dead movies deserve awards. Of some sort.

I'm assuming there are Troma fans here...

Best: (Tie)American Gangster & Michael Clayton Both of these films are outstanding.

Worst:Zombie Lake It has been a few years since I last visited this movie....yep it still sucks.

cheezydemon said:
HOT FUZZ

SEAN OF THE DEAD

Two incredible must see future classics.

Does anyone know if these 2 guys write these movies?

Simon Peg writes along with the director, Edgar Wright.

Just watched Michael Clayton, great flick, best I've seen thus far this year. The worst ? Cloverfield sucked bigtime IMO. The movie i'm looking forward to is Indy IV !!

ok I watched " southland tales " the other night, & all I can say is IGG sit back & eat a 1/8th of shrooms & watch this movie :lol: it might make more sense in that state of mind than being sober :lol:

I got some things about it during the movie, but for most of the movie I was like WTF is going on & not in the normal kind of movie where you didnt know whats going on. I only fully understood what they (movie makers) where shooting for when I watched the special features, dont ruin the movie by watching that 1st!

star studded cast, just a weird movie.

chilehunter said:
ok I watched " southland tales " the other night, & all I can say is IGG sit back & eat a 1/8th of shrooms & watch this movie :lol: it might make more sense in that state of mind than being sober :lol:

I got some things about it during the movie, but for most of the movie I was like WTF is going on & not in the normal kind of movie where you didnt know whats going on. I only fully understood what they (movie makers) where shooting for when I watched the special features, dont ruin the movie by watching that 1st!

star studded cast, just a weird movie.
I generally too busy visiting the "Orange Place" or trying to crawl into my shoe when I'm on shrooms to watch a movie....but I can get into the mind set pritty easly then I'll watch it. Sounds interesting.

Watched I AM LEGEND and, though I thought I would hate it, being a fan of the book, I thought it was pretty good. CGI sucked though.

chuk hell said:
Watched I AM LEGEND and, though I thought I would hate it, being a fan of the book, I thought it was pretty good. CGI sucked though.
Same here, couldn't even imagine Will Smith taking this role without any action. he did a wonderful job, actually.
Off to see 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'. heard Johnny Depp did a good job.

I watched "sweeney todd : demon barber ..." today (well not fully watched it but reason is next)
all I can say is I'd rather have fresh bhut jolokias rubbed into my eyes than watch this movie!!!

I was ready to shut the movie off within the first couple minutes, but gave it the benefit of the doubt & hoped it got better, but I couldnt take it any longer so it was turned off 20 minutes into the movie.

I CANT stand musical movies! & this movie has singing in EVERY scene!!
they ruined a good movie by putting all the singing crap in the movie!
all this is my opinion.

WOW, ok. :shocked:
Got some snacks ready, so haven't started watching it yet. I don't hate musicals, so let's give it a shot.

well good luck to you omri, I guess if you dont mind musical movies then have fun watching it. I on the other hand do not like them, in fact I really hate those types of movies.
but other than that the plot seemed like it'd be a good horror movie, but why add the musical scenes ?

Back