• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Best site for seeds (cheap and good)

hello :) i am looking for a good site to order pepper seeds.

i usually order from chileseeds.co.uk but i am looking for a place cheaper with high quality seeds.

and must ship to kuwait :)

thanks

BTW if you are kind enough to donate sope of your pods or seeds please visit this thread : http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24097-looking-for-free-hot-pepper-fruitseed-s/

thanks in advance :)

I would check out the sticky thread on seeds. There are tons of great vetted sources on there. Otherwise I really like pepperlover.com. But the mods will probably move this so I would head over to the sticky.

Matt

I'm with Bent.

If you want REALLY cheap seeds check out ajijoe, he does 10 seeds for 1dollar US. Can't say about quality though as have never grown his seeds, yet.

I've purchased and grown seeds from many sites, many I wouldn't have purchased from if I had joined this site sooner. About 4 years ago I was new to buying hot pepper seeds, I was clueless and naive and wasted too much money buying shit seeds. Unfortunately the "cheaper" sites do not give you what you're asking for. Do not buy from Ebay or any major site like it. Like posted before I've had excellent results from Thehippyseedcompany, refiningfirechiles, and members on here.. I Havn't grown Ajijoes seeds but he seems like a real nice guy, not only that but if he was sellin fraud seeds.. the people here on THP would have called him out on it by now lol. I've seen picture posts from people that grow his seeds, True to form man.
Goodluck!
Brandon

Ajijoe is great, I highly recommend going through him if you aren't hell bent on having all of your peppers grow true. (All his seeds are open pollinated so there will probably be some crosses etc in there) He has tons of variety, basically perfect for the casual grower who just wants to grow some interesting peppers and spice up their cuisine. I got some seeds off him and they have germinated 100% but its too soon to tell if they are growing true. I'll be happy either way.

Probably perfect for your needs hnakhi, check out ajijoe's seed sale thread.

You get what you pay for for the most part. If you want isolated seeds guaranteed to grow true they're generally not going to be cheap, especially for varieties like bhut jolokia. If you've ever cut open a bhut jolokia then you'll understand why people charge $7+ for 10 seeds. The long, assam/CPI strains are not generally great producers and when you cut open pods there are often only 3-4 seeds in a whole pod. Compare that to a jalapeno or larger annum which may have as many as 50-100 seeds per pod and is shorter season, so you can usually get those varieties for a lot cheaper, but the superhots usually cost a little more, understandably. Considering the cost and time of building and maintaining isolation cages and the reduced yield (generally) of plants growing in these cages, or keeping plants at properties miles apart and driving around to take care of them, and it's easy to see the reason for the prices. On the other hand, some seed sellers do not isolate their plants, and may be a little cheaper, and some may not isolate their plants, and still charge as much as the ones who do.

If you can live with a decent possibility of getting some crossed seeds, then ajijoe is a good bet. He doesn't isolate and doesn't make any guarantees that his seeds will be pure, so that's why his prices are so cheap. There's a good chance if you pay more for seeds from some seed sellers that you may still end up with some crosses anyway, so why not? If you get 10 seeds from him and keep 5 plants, it's pretty likely that at least some will grow true (since the seeds you end up with will likely be from multiple pods), and you can usually figure out which if any are crossed, so you can save your own seeds from the ones that grow true. So if you're trying not to spend much money on seeds that's a good option.

Tradewindsfruit is fairly cheap for a lot of varieties as well. I don't know if they isolate but all my seeds from there have grown true and I don't recall anyone having problems with their seeds growing true.

the whole cheap site thing i am looking for is because i am afraid that i spend a lot of money then non of them will germinate or i cant grow them :( yes i am a noob and this is my official first try . so if anyone is willing to donate to me send a pm please :)

Just bite the bullet and spend 30 bucks or so on a few different types from a reputable site like the hippy seed company to get you started.

You can always add some different types at a later date.

If you can't afford to risk buying some seeds then what about the investment of soils and pots and ferts down the track?

There are no guarantees with growing so everything is a risk

Do not buy from Reimers or EBay. You are a prime candidate for either and, if you use either, your following posts will be all complaint about bad seeds.

You get what you pay for for the most part. If you want isolated seeds guaranteed to grow true they're generally not going to be cheap, especially for varieties like bhut jolokia. If you've ever cut open a bhut jolokia then you'll understand why people charge $7+ for 10 seeds. The long, assam/CPI strains are not generally great producers and when you cut open pods there are often only 3-4 seeds in a whole pod. Compare that to a jalapeno or larger annum which may have as many as 50-100 seeds per pod and is shorter season, so you can usually get those varieties for a lot cheaper, but the superhots usually cost a little more, understandably. Considering the cost and time of building and maintaining isolation cages and the reduced yield (generally) of plants growing in these cages, or keeping plants at properties miles apart and driving around to take care of them, and it's easy to see the reason for the prices. On the other hand, some seed sellers do not isolate their plants, and may be a little cheaper, and some may not isolate their plants, and still charge as much as the ones who do.

If you can live with a decent possibility of getting some crossed seeds, then ajijoe is a good bet. He doesn't isolate and doesn't make any guarantees that his seeds will be pure, so that's why his prices are so cheap. There's a good chance if you pay more for seeds from some seed sellers that you may still end up with some crosses anyway, so why not? If you get 10 seeds from him and keep 5 plants, it's pretty likely that at least some will grow true (since the seeds you end up with will likely be from multiple pods), and you can usually figure out which if any are crossed, so you can save your own seeds from the ones that grow true. So if you're trying not to spend much money on seeds that's a good option.

Tradewindsfruit is fairly cheap for a lot of varieties as well. I don't know if they isolate but all my seeds from there have grown true and I don't recall anyone having problems with their seeds growing true.

So true......good material

Tradewindsfruit gets my vote. They give a lot of seeds for a good price and their shipment made it to me in Dubai in about a week.

I like Pepper Joe, he's based out of Myrtle Beach. I had some of his seeds in my green house for a year, just sitting in their envelopes. This year, those seeds had a 90% germination rate. Amazing. He has a pretty good selection, mostly just the popular stuff (bhuts, jalapenos, habs, etc.) He gives you lots of free seeds too with every order and even those seeds have incredible germination rates. The PJ cayenne seeds I purchased from him last year are now 8 inch long pods getting ready to turn bright red and be turned into some tasty sauce. pepperjoe.com

Visit my PEPPERMEISTER blog for pepper growing tips, recipes and info.

ok ,so apparently pepperjoe and thehippyseeds are the two best.
which one should i buy from?

Do some searching on this site and you should find some reviews and comments. I'd also look at peppermania, Beth is a class act and she has great seeds

Back