• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Best soil for the reaper

Hey guys! This is my first post but I've been lurking for a bit. I ordered some Carolina reapers earlier in the plant for and they should be here this week. I live in utah. I've read the soil thread and it's all confusing to me. What soil can I buy to grow this plant in? I'd prefer to just buy it and not make it. Thank you

D3monic said:
Happy frog is a good bagged soil brand. Stay away from Miracle grow soil.
ahhh you remembered my friend !      :onfire:
Farfard is a really good one , mix in a little bone meal , extra perlite , and rock n roll !  

I love Happy Frog too.  If you aren't growing a log of plants, then I'd say go with that.  Otherwise it can get very expensive and mixing your own would be a much cheaper alternative.

I'm growing a lot of plants, and I wasn't too happy with my bagged soil last grow season. So to both try something different and to save A LOT of cash, I picked up a couple truck loads of "organic planter mix" from a local landscaping materials supplier. Of course it helps that I have a truck as to avoid delivery fee. With the one I went to they sell it by the yard. If I like the soil i'll be going this route for both small and big projects. Something to look into..

Back