• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Best superhot that has fruity/tropical flavor?

Hey everyone,

In looking for a superhot pepper that is extremely hot but has fruity/sweet/tropical qualities. I have a couple in mind but I don't feel I have tasted enough of the superhots out there for a proper opinion.

Any recommendations?

7 Pot Jonah (my fav for flavor/heat combination), Yellow 7 and Yellow Moruga Scorpion (my favorites for flavor, but you sacrifice a bit of heat.  Very fruity, very citrusy, with the mildest floral/chinense flavor of all the yellow/red/brown supers.)

If you want very high heat but are willing to sacrifice a bit of sweetness in trade for a bit of a nutty flavor, the 7 Pot Brown would be good for you. 

Yellow scorpion!!!! Not only does it have a very topical and fruity taste/aroma... its also a beautiful looking pepper!!!

Thanks!

Good to see some scorpions recommended.... I love the looks of them.

What does everyone think of the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion (red) for the flavor I'm wanting?

Red Moruga Scorpions are very fruity as well.  They would be in my top 3 for flavor/heat combination.  I don't think they are quite as sweet at the 7 Pot Jonahs I've eaten, but they come close.

I second the 7-pot jonah. Great flavour and damn hot. SBJ7 are even better for flavour. It`s a cross between a Scotch bonnet and 7-pot jonah. Not as hot as the jonah, though. See the thread about them on here. 

I`m also a big fan of 7-pot primo for the fruity cherry-like flavour.

Yellow brain strain is another one that is very good.

Nigel said:
I second the 7-pot jonah. Great flavour and damn hot. SBJ7 are even better for flavour. It`s a cross between a Scotch bonnet and 7-pot jonah. Not as hot as the jonah, though. See the thread about them on here. 

I`m also a big fan of 7-pot primo for the fruity cherry-like flavour.

Yellow brain strain is another one that is very good.
I vouch for the SB7Js being very fruity.

7 Pot Jonah or 7 Pot Yellow

1016414_631808853519511_1484233864_n.jpg

Back