• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Best way to cook with peppers...

I win....

8476671529_94931f2a24_b.jpg

8477761808_95fd54d600_b.jpg

lmao!!!! You'll be sleeping amongst the chiles! Me and my lady will join y'all for a night on the town.

bwahahahahaha!

I've heard that JHP! And that they mix a good deal of Day of the Dead in! Where the celebration and honoring of passed ones is very festively expressed!!! That'd be pretty cool.....

When I was in my early 20s, I was a frequent french quarter wanderer.... at least twice a week. The craziest thing I ever saw was about 3 a.m. on a Thursday morning.... turns out that there's a huge "vampire" subculture. Me and my buddy walking around... I was sporting a Marilyn Manson Tee Shirt, and there's all of these Victorian era dressed people standing around shooting the breeze. They had the whole wardrobe thing... to a tee! frilly shirts, pony tails, fangs.... pale faces. It was wild. They were really cool people, though. Would help you with anything you needed. It's a really theatrical town. Voodoo is NOT a big thing, regardless of what you hear in the media, but there are voodoo shops. It helps add to the mystique.

Oh, you KNOW I'll find my own sorta Juju down there! hahaha

Tho I'd be tempted to bring a costume of my own, it'd be sooooo much more awesome to score one on the fly down there. Surely someone could direct me to the nearest, bestest thrift store, no?!?!

Corny as it is...on my bucket list is.....

Café au lait & beignets at Tout Le Monde......just once. Been dreaming of that since before it was even "cool". But I want my coffee "chicory" style......I luvs the chicory!!!!!!! (says the born and bred Seattlite!!!...sacrilege!)

ahem..... Cafe Du Monde...... and yeah, there are tons of places to score masquerade gear. The type of stuff worn in the Perfect Circle 3 Libras video

And starbucks is nothing but expensive garbage! We do coffee right!

ahem..... Cafe Du Monde...... and yeah, there are tons of places to score masquerade gear. The type of stuff worn in the Perfect Circle 3 Libras video

And starbucks is nothing but expensive garbage! We do coffee right!

hahahaha...Hey! I'm Buzzy!!!!!! At least I made it rhyme!!!! ;)

...just one more reason to get there...

(seriously - who confuses a magazine with a coffee shop/historical monument..whatta douche...... :doh: )

that stinks. A buddy of mine at work is allergic, too. I couldn't imagine.... I guess it would be okay if you hadn't ever tasted them...

Oh man, I have known a few people with that allergy also.
I guess it can be quite deadly, nothing to challenge, that's for sure.

That crawfish boil was done right! Spilled out on a long table covered with newspaper... pro style, Phil. Makes me want to do a blue crab boil soooo bad.

I haven't done crabs in awhile. I might need to race you to it! lol. Love that yellow fat!

and seafood always tastes better with residual newsprint on it....

"someone" was drunk.... crabs... MMMmmmmm!

And EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!

A family friend sent me a beer candied bacon recipe this evening. Check this out... imagine what you could do with it by adding a little red flake....

Beer-Candied Bacon

1 lb thick-cut, high quality bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp beer (I used Dogfish Head’s Chicory Stout)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl, whisking well to form a thin syrup. Set aside.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top. Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack, overlapping if necessary. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Flip, and coat the other side with the syrup as well. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and repeat process another time or two more, until bacon is crispy and browned, and you’ve used all the glaze.

You had me at Bacon.

Then you had me again at Beer.

Then yet again at Beer Candied Bacon.

Someone did that in a ThrowDown a while ago, and it looked awesome.

Beer Candied Bacon... It's what's for dinner.

Back