• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Best white varieties

For the moment the hab. White Giant is the variety that fascinates me most,
for 2 main reasons:

1) has a spicy flavor and taste better than many chinense.
2) is a very difficult plant to grow, to get the best performance from the plant you have to be a good farmer.

HabaneroWhiteGiant.jpg
Beautiful plant

I was hoping someone could help me. I planted what I thought was white bhut.
I got the following looking pods. Tried an immature one or two, not as hot as ghosts,
no bitter aftertaste like habs either. What are these ?

whitebhut1.jpg

whitebhut2.jpg

whitebhut3.jpg

Rhody...

I have some white bullets and although they are hot as heck, the one I tasted first (and only so far maybe ill try tonight or tomorrow more) was gross..

I was hoping someone could help me. I planted what I thought was white bhut.
I got the following looking pods. Tried an immature one or two, not as hot as ghosts,
no bitter aftertaste like habs either. What are these ?

whitebhut1.jpg

whitebhut2.jpg

whitebhut3.jpg

Rhody...

Was this plant grown from seed that originated from smokinasschilli that you mentioned in this post?

Wow, I was going to come back to this thread and answer a long time ago, sorry, Harry, yes they were. Some of the mature pods are white and some (lower hanging ones usually) are orange, I am no white bhut expert, but is this a sign of a cross, and I don't mean religious either, lol.

Rhody...

Wow, I was going to come back to this thread and answer a long time ago, sorry, Harry, yes they were. Some of the mature pods are white and some (lower hanging ones usually) are orange, I am no white bhut expert, but is this a sign of a cross, and I don't mean religious either, lol.

Rhody...

Did you grow just the one plant that had the colours you describe? Do the pods turn orange if left on the plant long enough?

I concluded from having two plants that had different traits grown from the seeds that what I received was an unstable hybrid. The heat of the pods on the plant that remains is no where near what I would expect of a Bhut and the flavour was that I had experienced from C. Chinense x C. Annuum hybrids.

Back on the topic of actual white varieties (and not unstable hybrids) I have decided to try again to get a Habanero White (Mild) variety I have that originated from John Leone / thechilliman.biz. I didn't have luck getting a plant to sprout last season from the original seed nor from my own saved seed

I grow Habanero White plants and I love them. Easily harvest a 1000 or more pods per season from just 3 plants! I am already above 600 pods pulled and all 3 plants are loaded with a hundred or more pods each.

139.jpg
140.jpg

Back