• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Advice

So if anyone can recall, I was having problems with nutrient burn a few weeks ago and have since fixed the problem yay. Ended up making some nut soup in my deep sink and then letting the soil drip dry. Well, recently I think my growth has stalled and not much is happening, and I think it may be small for 7 months. :( My exact schedule for it is 18 hours under a 6500k CFL and a 4000k CFL, I have a fan blowing on it on low for that entire time as well. Then the lights shut off for 6 hours for a dark cycle. I water it once a week with tap water that I leave sit so the chlorine evaporates, and when I water it I also mix in a few tablespoons of bone meal fertilizer with a small handful of epsom salts. I also only do the feeding once a week on the same day I water it. My plant also seems like it is getting very leafy without getting stalky I guess you could say. Maybe I am just over thinking it and not being patient, or maybe I am doing something wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :) and just because I want an excuse to use this smilie :flamethrower:

2011-04-28231709.jpg

2011-04-28231648.jpg

2011-04-28231638.jpg

I started mine at the end of February and germinated throughout the first half of March. I'm dealing with lots of buds and flowers right now – too many to control. I changed my game this season and their growth has just exploded off the charts.

This is my story:

There're many different methods to choose from and when you find one that really works well you don't want to mess with it too much!!

On an aggressive scale I consider myself somewhere in the middle; they're many here that go much harder than me. I'm very happy with my results thus far and here we go:

I germinate my seeds in a plastic deli container with coffee filter paper on the bottom. I place them on a heat mat set for 85°F. You want to keep the paper moist without any standing water on the bottom. When they sprout and develop green hooks I'll place them in a grow plug 72 cell tray with a dome cover. I continue to use the heat mat until they're have a good foot hold, such that when I pull the grow plugs I see roots coming out from underneath.

I will then pot up to a 3.5" x 3.5" pot and use "Pro Mix BX" Remember once the little guys sprout they need light and water. I don't juice them until I place them into the "BX" which I will use PHC seedling & houseplants 6-12-6 biofertilizer by means of bottom feeding until they go outside. Then I use "Pro-Gro Organic Fertilizer" until the flowering stage which I will use another fertilizer that takes them the rest of the way.

I water from the bottom up which has produced tremendous results for me thus far. Peppers don't like to be over watered at all. I stick my finger in the mix just a little bit to feel for moisture. If it is dry and the pepper seems just a touch wilted down then I add enough water in the bottom of the tray so that its ¼" over the top of the channels.

For lights I use 2 (T5s x 4') per shelf and have a total of 8 shelves. I started late February and my plants are ready to go outside now. Most are about 15" to 18" tall, very thick and dark green. I am so far ahead of schedule from last year that they're going to be out growing their grow room. I have to milk it out until early June when the night frost is behind us. I am in real deep $hit right now!!

Thank you "THP"!!

I hope this helps!!

Good luck, Jack

7 months old? Hate to say it but it's time to give up on that plant. In 7 months time that plant should be 3-4 feet tall, same diameter and have produced ripe peppers. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we plan and we should start over.

Better luck next time.

I agree With Pat, That thing should be WAY bigger than that. I have some plants that are barely 2 months old that are that size. Sorry bro, Better luck next time. Don't give up! :cool:

That makes me very sad to hear actually. I am not quite sure it is 7 months quite yet. I purchased it from a guy on ebay who had over 1000 feedback and had 0 negative who said it was 6 months when I bought it. I have no had it over a month a I would assume that it is actually 7 months. It may be less. But maybe I will try putting it in actual sunlight and see if that helps.

How close are you lights - I had the same problem with Nagas one year - They looked really good,nice big green leaves but not too tall. I moved them out side and planted them and after 2wks I had all new shoots and by the end of summer you could see the "stunted" area below the canopy of green - It was weird - Im not sure where you are from but are you going to plant it outside? or I would pot up and start putting it outside at intervals

How close are you lights - I had the same problem with Nagas one year - They looked really good,nice big green leaves but not too tall. I moved them out side and planted them and after 2wks I had all new shoots and by the end of summer you could see the "stunted" area below the canopy of green - It was weird - Im not sure where you are from but are you going to plant it outside? or I would pot up and start putting it outside at intervals

My lights are really close to my plant. But, I don't have intentions of planting outside because ohio's weather is very crazy and i would like to have peppers year 'round. Maybe I will try putting it in front of a window. Or when this weather clears up put it in the sun for an hour or 2 because my semester ends in two weeks.

I had what sounds like the same thing - Pot up and try the window - - Are you using potting soil with a fert added to it like a MG mix?

That makes me very sad to hear actually. I am not quite sure it is 7 months quite yet. I purchased it from a guy on ebay who had over 1000 feedback and had 0 negative who said it was 6 months when I bought it. I have no had it over a month a I would assume that it is actually 7 months. It may be less. But maybe I will try putting it in actual sunlight and see if that helps.

I wouldnt give up on it... Ive seen plants your size still take off from with new shoots and end up being 2-3 feet wide and produce a good amount of peppers.

Back