• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut in a can

I realize this has been discussed and basically ridiculed here before, but I had enough 'geek points' with thinkgeek to get the bhut in a can. I figured it's free, and wont take up much space...

Has anyone here actually tried one of these? [the can... not the pepper] If so, any luck?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/e56a/?srp=2

It seems that they have decent feedback at the bottom of the page, but I thought I would trust the experts here at THP over those people. :)

I just started it today... I will try to remember to keep you guys updated on the progress.

If its free, then go for it. Seems like a gimmick product, hope it actually grows.

They might ding you on shipping though.

You'd be better off buying/trading for some Bhut seeds and cutting open a beer can.

Hahaha... I was already ordering some other stuff [Network admin by trade], so the shipping was covered. I have actually had it for a bit, but just started it today. Thinkgeek is one of my favorite online stores [no affiliation], so I usually have some geek points floating around. In fact, I just bought the ghost chili candy balls, and the crushed ghost pepper shaker. I have been pretty happy with both so far. Took the candies to work today, and let a couple of the students try them out... along with a co-worker. The co-worker started hiccuping and tearing up... the students handled it a bit better. :)

Free is about what I would pay for it. I hope you get a huge Bhut Jolokia plant out of it that produces thousands of the hottest peppers known to mankind. Thanks for the offer to keep it updated, I'm sure there will be a few who keep an eye on this thread.

I'd get the Capsaicin Molecule t-shirt instead.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/3813/?srp=3

Think of all the girls you'll pick up with such an awesome tee!

:party:

I'd get the Capsaicin Molecule t-shirt instead.

http://www.thinkgeek...ric/3813/?srp=3

Think of all the girls you'll pick up with such an awesome tee!

:party:

Very enticing. Though, I am sure my wife would probably have a problem with that... :)

I might get the tshirt anyway... just another to add to the collection. Shirt, that is... not wife.

I was going to post a pic of day one, but don't see a way to directly attach an image without going through a third party. I will keep looking around.

You'd be better off buying/trading for some Bhut seeds and cutting open a beer can.

Hummm??? Where did I plant those bhut seeds I traded with flamecycle for a couple of weeks ago?

bhut-in-a-bud-light-can-1.JPG

Man that was good beer, picture is as fuzzy as I am..
bhut-in-a-bud-light-can-2.JPG

Damn I just saved 20 bucks....Go Figure and 20 bucks will buy my more of those special pots :}

bhut-in-a-bud-light-can-3.JPG

Ok I want to market this and I need a financial backer for an ultra aggresive Internet Marketing campaign..
We can call it "Bhut in a Bud"

Be Well...Hiccup..:}

My first venture into growing peppers started with that as a gift from my wife, I was surprised I got 4 plats from it. It took forever to germinate, they produced a lot of peppers but they were tiny, about the size of a large jelly bean, That may have been cause I didn't know what I was doing though. Unfortunately the plants didn't survive my move from GA to AZ.

Well, there are two sprouts coming up out of the can now. I will let them get a little bigger and then move them out to my garden. I had just about given up on it. :)

My buddy grew one out and it turned out to be a dorsett naga. Very hot indeed. He still has it a year later and it's producing nice tasty pods :hot: . Better than buying plants from Hirts gaden for sho :rofl: Nothing beats FREE! But get it out of the can as soon as possible.

I'm getting the shirt!!! Oh, I am all in on marketing the "Bhut in a Can" Internet project. I will do some "research and development" (aka drink beer to get can inventory up) so we can sell a lot! Just doing my part!

Ok...guess it is time for an update on the "Bhut in a Bud" mass internet marketing campaign..so the lab experiment is showing positive results thus far:

Observations:

Coco Fiber Growing Medium is very stable and is providing an excellent medium so far..since it is soil-less, GH light mix with additives for seedlings is being applied with favorable results. Second set of leaves are forming and staying close and tight , no leggy-ness...

Materials: Applying GH, 3 part nutrients with an eyedropper or two per day, just enough to keep things moist but not too much...adding Mykos WP...

Data: to be determined, so I will wait and post an update, there is enough coco-media to support a pretty good size root system before slicing the recyclable can open..Go Green!

Pending Research: How to slip this into a FedEx tube with a pack of nutrients and ship internationally, and get higher rankings on Google then the Ghost in a can BS campaign that keeps following me :} And finding an investor for an ultra aggresive Internet Marketing campaign..
We can call it "Bhut in a Bud"

bhut-in-a-bud-light-can-1-update.jpg

bhut-in-a-bud-light-can-2-update.jpg

C'est La Vie

Man I like the way those peppers on the logo of the bumper sticker are reflecting off the side of my Bud Light/Professional Lab equipment? Ya'll see that or am I just hallucinating...WTH...crap...g'nite :rolleyes:

Back