• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia in NY

Is it worth my time and effort to try and grow these in Upstate NY?? I don;t have an option for bringing them inside later in the season
thanks
Dave

If you are planning on growing from seed - yes, next year. You won't have time to get ripe pods this year. If you can get some plants you should be OK this year.

If you can't bring them in, it's too late to start any this season for your location. If you can purchase a plant you can harvest pods this year though.

MrArboc is faster on the trigger. :lol:

I started Naga Morich and Red Savina's April 30th the first year I grew and had ripe pods beginning September and I'm in Canada.

chillilover said:
I started Naga Morich and Red Savina's April 30th the first year I grew and had ripe pods beginning September and I'm in Canada.

That's great chillilover, but how many pods did you get for you effort. ;)

No less then if I start earlier really. There's no time for a second crop regardless up here. I got about 40 peppers per plant so if you grow a few I think the efforts worth it. Plus, half the fun is growing.

Well, if you order live plants from chileplants.com you'll def get ripe pods this year. Starting from seed you'll still see pods, just not as many as if you had a good 6-8 week plant now.

Back