• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bhut jolokia progress

Hello everyone, I have just ordered 20 seeds from a seller on ebay, since the seeds my friend gave me seems to be sketchy and not one bit of progress, I will be doing a progress report when I get them planted and they start growing from the time I plant them to the time they bear peppers, please post below if you think this is a nice thing to try to do.

Hello everyone, I have just ordered 20 seeds from a seller on ebay, since the seeds my friend gave me seems to be sketchy and not one bit of progress, I will be doing a progress report when I get them planted and they start growing from the time I plant them to the time they bear peppers, please post below if you think this is a nice thing to try to do.
i think you should have checked the marketplace for your seeds! unfortunately Ebay is more sketchy than trying to germinate seeds from a green pod! i ahve had seeds take as long as 20 days to germinte! and from what i have read on here is that lots of people that have tried their luck on Ebay have found out that they got jipped. just a heads up. i would hate for you to get seeds and go through the trouble growing them with the thought they are Bhuts and come to find out they are habs(still a good pepper) bu not what you were hoping for.

i think you should have checked the marketplace for your seeds! unfortunately Ebay is more sketchy than trying to germinate seeds from a green pod! i ahve had seeds take as long as 20 days to germinte! and from what i have read on here is that lots of people that have tried their luck on Ebay have found out that they got jipped. just a heads up. i would hate for you to get seeds and go through the trouble growing them with the thought they are Bhuts and come to find out they are habs(still a good pepper) bu not what you were hoping for.
I looked at his feedback before I bought anything he has around 500 positive feedback and a 99.9% costumer satisfaction rating, they have all said everything had arrived and grown as described with a fairly high germination rate.

If you get seeds on ebay, I'd recommend the seeds that the user karmalies0805 sells. I got my scotch bonnet and aji limon seeds from them and didn't have any germination issues, and the plants turned out to be the right varieties.

Having a bhut grow log would be cool though. I'm going to grow some next year so it would be nice to see how mine grow compared to someone else with a fairly similar climate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110712522072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1468wt_1396

I'm not quite sure if I can post links but this is the item I bought If you would like to check his feedback out as well as his selling post and tell me what you think, it would be highly appreciated

I looked at his feedback before I bought anything he has around 500 positive feedback and a 99.9% costumer satisfaction rating, they have all said everything had arrived and grown as described with a fairly high germination rate.
just a heads up, i know you checked the rating, but i have also heard of them delete all bad reviews to keep the rating high. well i hope for your sake they are legit and grow as promised. if you check out the "marketplace" here you will find lots of awesome members here that will take care of you and you WILL get what they say you get! i keep a photo grow log on my computer, i take pics every weekend to compare. good luck, paitience is the name of the game with peppers. do LOTS of reading on here and if you have questions use the search tool to look for answers!

Eric

Thank you so much for the insightful info, I really hope they grow as promised, also how many seeds should I put in each cup, should I place them in a cup of warm water for a day or two before I plant them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110712522072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1468wt_1396

I'm not quite sure if I can post links but this is the item I bought If you would like to check his feedback out as well as his selling post and tell me what you think, it would be highly appreciated
well i have never purchased anything from ebay so i can only go by what i have read on here!

Thank you so much for the insightful info, I really hope they grow as promised, also how many seeds should I put in each cup, should I place them in a cup of warm water for a day or two before I plant them?
just do a search, and start reading! everyone has a way that works for them. what worked for me in Ca may not work for you.

Back