• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bhut Jolokia question

Pepper Belly said:
So I have special fertilizing pellets for peppers and tomatoes which are to work into the top of the soil and are for long-term use (once a growing season) and liquid pepper and tomatoe fertilizer which is added to the water and used every two weeks. Which one is best to use now?

I think it depends on how old and big they are. I use Osmocote pellets, but not until my plants were well established and in their final resting place. (ground, large pot) If the plants are still young seedlings you're better off giving them a dilute mixture of the liquid ferts. (1/4 or 1/2 strength) Remember, too little fertilizer is better than too much. IMO anyway.

Pepper Belly said:
IGG this is from Mrs. Pepperbelly please answer.

I prefear just liquid. If you go with the pelate they just keep on fertilizing which could lead to over fertilization. Keep it to single applications of liquid and if you see signs of over fert you can stop fertalizing until it clears up.

imaguitargod said:
I prefear just liquid. If you go with the pelate they just keep on fertilizing which could lead to over fertilization. Keep it to single applications of liquid and if you see signs of over fert you can stop fertalizing until it clears up.

Thanks for the reply IGG we already put the pellets in. We have friends over here who have used them successfully without burning the plants.

Back