• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Bhut Jolokia Sauce

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a Bhut Jolokia hot sauce? Any recipe would be greatly appreciated! I am new to the hot sauce making world.

Regards,

Shawn

Welcome, Shawn!

You've come to the right place, and the "Hot Sauce Making" forum has lots of recipe ideas. Just start cruising through the posts and read up on it.

Most hot sauce recipes are interchangeable with the kind of peppers the recipe calls for. If you find a habanero recipe that has other ingredients you like, go ahead and substitute the bhuts and know that it will be HHhhhooooootttteeerrr.

Just think about what flavor profile you like (heavy on the vinegar, fruity, tomato-y, bbq-y) and start gathering up the ingredients.

Here's another website that has tons of recipes and they are easy to click through. Just start at the top and see what they call for. That will give you a really good base to start with.
http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/hotsauce_idx.html

Good Luck, and keep us posted....especially with pictures! We LOVE the pics!

Salsalady

Shawn, you can use all Bhuts if you like, but it might hurt the next day. LOL I would say try the recipe with 2-3 Bhuts and some other hotties as well. If you are bold and really like it hot, go for all bhuts, but i dont know how edible its going to be due to the scoville rating its going to contain.

And a lot has to do with how much other stuff is in the sauce.

I just made some BBQ sauce with 6 Douglahs in 10 cups of sauce. I thought that would be enough, to really kick it in the bhutty, but it really wasn't that hot so I added some Bhuts. 6 Douglahs in 5 cups of sauce probably would have been better. Still not as nuclear as some like it. First time using that recipe and peppers, so all in all, I think it turned out well.

The kid made a fruit based sauce with peaches and peach habanero, 2 1/2 peppers in 6 oz of sauce. That's a really nice heat level. Also made a lychee w/ fatalii with 3 fatalii in 6 oz, and that again is a really nice burn, but you can still taste the sauce. For both of those recipes, we started out with about 12 oz of stuff and it reduced down to 6 oz.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a Bhut Jolokia hot sauce? Any recipe would be greatly appreciated! I am new to the hot sauce making world.

Regards,

Shawn

Hi shaw was just wondering if you got any jolokia recipes as have harvested about a hundred peppers and would love to make a sauce. let me know thanks Dan from Mass Email ragu3379!yahoo.com

Back