• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bhut problem

Well my plants have 10-12 peppers and some have brown specs on the peppers and I cut one open that has the brown specs and it's rotten inside what is maybe the cause. And possible fix.

are these in hydro or soil?

if hydro add an additional 1/4 tsp of calcium chloride per gal of water to your resevior.

If in soil apply a tablespoon of dolomite lime to the top of the soil and water it in

or you can water the soil plant with a solution of calcium nitrate or calcium chloride at 1/4tsp per gal of water.

plants producing pods need calcium added throughout the season as it takes calcium to fruit. The flies may or may not be part of the problem. They may be attracted to the rotting fruit...

Are the spots on the lower part of the pod? Everyone seems to be calling this blossom end rot from Ca deficiency. What do the flies look like? Maybe scarrid flies?

Your soil is not being kept at a consistent state, its either too wet or too dry. If the soil is not optimal the plant can not absorb calcium from the soil.

Bottom watering and dust the surface of your pots with Diatomatious Earth.
or
Get Mesquito Dunks that contain BTi, and crumble them up and water the plants from the top, the larvae will eat the BTi crystals and be poisoned. I think the BTi is the easier of the 2.

You can also buy beneficial nemetodes and water them into your plants and they will infest and eat the larvae.

Back